I think you might be watching and playing
too many movies and internet games...
I was being serious. Me and some friends were visiting another friend in Everett, and walking down the street of a Catholic Church, a group of people came out shoving crosses in our faces and splashing us with holy water telling us to repent our sins.
We were all in black, just because we like the color black. Nothing what so ever behind it. Just like to wear black because we prefer being up around during the night, and black just gives that warm feeling when at night.
That said, I feel sorry for anyone who's stuck being raised into whatever family belongs to the man/woman who wrote that list.
That was no reference to you , Brock...
Just to the thread , in general...
I always kicked someone's ass if they did
the sort of things some did to you and your
Splash me with holy water ?
Shit , let me piss on your leg...
Remember Jack Nicholson , in "Wolf" ?
It's all good, lol and that made me laugh lol
"Splash me with holy water?, shit, let me piss on your leg" LOL!!!
Satan's temptations just sound like a good night out to me. What is a teenager to do - get their friends together (accompanied by adults, of course) and play hopscotch? *eye roll*
I'd like to make my own list:
Warning Signs Your Parents are Brainwashed by the Control Machine
1) Attends church on Sunday. If parents attend church more than one day per week, please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health centre.
2) Refrains from drinking, dancing and sex. A lack of enjoyment for the finer things in life can indicate killjoy tendencies.
3) Resists time alone and quietness. Fear of spending time alone usually indicates a severe discomfort with one's own thoughts, and a preference for the 'safety' of thoughts permitted by the control machine.
4) Watches religious television or any other corrupted media sources. Hells Bells, television evangelists and 7th Heaven are particularly dangerous (ask your local head or psychedelic mushroom distributor for proper programs that your parents may watch).
5) Only associates with other people that dress, act or speak conventionally.
6) Has excessive regard for authority figures: teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
7) Pursues dangerous control religions. Disregards Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism without proper investigation.
8) Displays a fear of breakfast cereal.
I feel very sorry for any teen who's parents are influenced by this.
They put "takes drugs" and "self mutilation" in the same list of "problems" as "complains of boredom" and "expresses and interest in sex" ??WTF!
I just showed this to my daughter who says that after reading this she thinks she needs to seek counseling. She is laying here beside me in a black shirt with symbols on it and loves gothic food such as count chocula and she thinks her love of blood colored fruit like strawberries and pomegranites and she loves to dance etc.etc. And she is already super excited to wear her hello kitty costume to a party this year. Not to mention that at 17 she loves to sleep whenever she can.
Totally crazy, but so true. I grew up as a Catholic and went to private parochial school for 13 yrs K5 - 12th grade. I remember when I was a teenager being so upset at an announcement that was made over the school intercom forbidding us from listening to a popular song at the time from R.E.M "Loosing my religion" We were told that it was blasphemous and that we were forbidden. Also there was a young guy who was expelled for not following the dress code because he would wear black every day. Sad but true. I believe this is something that probably is still being passed around today. It's a shame how they never want to see the similarities between their practices and our rituals as pagans.