PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Are they lucky or unlucky? I've been finding so many 4 leaves, as well as 5 and 6. But some have told me the 5 and 6 are bad luck. I've also researched some but it went back and forth about both. Please help?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a lot of variables Myth concerning the Four-leafed Clover... It was always told to me that in discovering a Four Leaf it would break the 'Spell/Curse' acted against you - and it would 'Open a Path' into the Veil...causing all doors, however strongly barred and bolted, to fly open at Will.

None can be cheated in a bargain, nor deceived, and whatever One takes in hand will prosper. It brings “enlightenment to the brain, and makes One see and know the Truth”.
 It alone could break through the GLAMOUR that Faeraes use to disguise the reality of their surroundings.
This is done by holding up such a Clover. which would permit One to see things as they really were: a CAVE where a cottage appeared, a toothless old man where a handsome one had stood seconds before BUT it must NEVER be shown to anyone, or the power would no longer exist!!

You must NEVER take a Four Leafed Clover into a church, for then they would become VERY unlucky...

Four-leafed Clovers can also exude an oil that, if rubbed on the eye, could remove any Faerae enchantment; as with other useful plants such as St. John’s wort, Daisies, and Red Verbena.

In the Channel Islands One has Luck in all things (even in Love Potions).

There is a Latin Spanish Text that shows a Four Leaf Clover Talisman associated with Auset....(Isis), with an Invocation.

Another Text speaks of the Time and Day which relates closely to what I was instructed on (see the end comment) about 'recording'..

"If a Clover is found on a Friday during the first three days of the Moon, or in bright sunshine between noon and three o'clock either in a lonely spot or in a graveyard; if it has NOT been picked by you yourself, then it should be given you by a friend and handed to you by the stalk.                Wear it round the neck in a locket" .

Another Folklore Charm is if you put a Four-leafed Clover in your shoe, you will marry the first man you meet.

Alternatively if a Man finds one and does the same he will see the first person he will marry. (Today - the same applies regardless of the Gender)

...again if you find a Four-leafed Clover, and place it in your shoe, and make a Wish, the Wish will come true. 

(However always remember that One should be careful of what they wish for)

As with most Lore - Rhyme is a key factor in the Magicke - as seen here:>
The Four-leafed Cover is a well known for....
“One leaf is for fame,
And one leaf is for wealth
And one for a faithful lover,
And one to bring you glorious health
Are ALL in the Four-leafed Clover”.

In Germany the Four-leaved Clover was regarded as Sacred, but it is their Folklore that for the most part considers that should you pick a Five-leafed Clover it would bring 'bad' luck; BUT if you give it to another, it brings good Luck to both giver and receiver. 

The same could be said if you pick a Five-leafed clover (again seen as 'bad' luck in the PICKING), BUT if you make a wish AND throw the Clover over your shoulder, the Wish will come true.

OR if you spit on it and throw it over your Left shoulder, it will bring you good luck.   (That very much aligns with the view of the Spirit and Hope)

One Text mentions a full range of the numbers:>
1 leaf Clover stands for Fame

2 leaves for wealth

3 leaves associated with the Trinity - the Triad Goddesses of the Greeks and Romans and Sacred Sun wheel of Kelts; as a Charm against witches and for a faithful lover

4 leaves ward off malevolent Energies (as a rather crude symbol of the Cross); for Good Fortune, excellent Health

5 leaf Clover is unlucky (by the reasoning as given above) - often a relationship to the Ego...

There is a well-known rhyme involving a Two-leaved Clover:
"A Clover, a Clover of Two,
Put it in your right shoe;
The first young man you meet,
In field, street or lane,
You’ll get him, or one of his name".

In Wales, provided it was found by accident the same Two leafed Clover. Then it should be put under the pillow, so that the finder should dream of the future partner.

What is interesting here is that the 5 leafed Clover is substituted for a 2 leafed version...

In Quebec superstition, the same set of guidelines substitutes the 2 and 5 for a FOUR -  same rules - if you put a Four-leafed Clover in your shoe, you will marry a man/woman/same sex  having the first name of the partner you meet first after doing so......

Another again takes the Four leafed, but requires you to cross a bridge.........or to put a Four-leafed Clover over the door. the first person to pass under it will be your Future mate................which demonstrates that NOT ALL Lore follows the same principle....

I (through all the actions of magicke, etc, as well as directed from Teachings) have never understood Clover that had more than Four to be 'Bad Luck'......the numbers tend to always resonate with the Energy associated..

Five Leaf Clover was often understood to be a Gift from Spirit - and indicated a 'Time of Purity' - and answers the question 'May I hope ?'....at moments of doubt, and uncertainty. Certainly in Scotland there is a Scots proverb, “he found himself in Five-leafed Clover”, meaning that One is in very comfortable circumstances..

Six Leaf was seen that you will receive a sum of money - 6 was often related to the aspect of 'provision' in times of Olde - it was the Male - the provider, who ensured that hard work allowed the family to survive,,

Seven Leaf is an indication of Time (up to 7 years) - to expect changes - that things will shift.

I too have many of the varieties mentioned - every time I was granted one I would give thanks, note the time, carefully press it onto a card - cover it with sellotape, write the date and time...and either place it in my purse - (after first removing the previous one), which then gets placed into a special glass leaded box...

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service