PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All witches should have abortions so they don't breed their evil.

All witches should have abortions so they don't breed their evil. This was an e-mail that was recently sent somehow directly to me from someone I will not name. Needles to say it angered me quiet a bit, but it also raised a few questions. With all the info out there these days with womens right to choose, I began to wonder specifically about the wiccan and witch view on abortion, since it was never a discussion amongst my teachers. So to get  overall view I'm asking.

What as a witch/wiccan is your view of abortion?

What do you feel should be more or less public about it within wicca/occult communities?

Should we set a standard in regards to it? Why?

How d you fee it impacts the rede? The three-fold law?

What should we do regarding haters such as the e-mail I recieved?

Do you or anyone you know experience a negative or positive result after having an abortion within the pagan community?

A NOTE HERE: As of 5/30/11, since this discussion developed a side topic off the original I have set up a seperate discussion on this. Karma, Three-Fold Law, Aferlife and Consequences. This can be found in the general discussions area. Thankyou!

Views: 754

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In terms of the whole issue with abortion, I have really narrowed my view down to an individual doing what they feel is best for them, and leaving it at that. I have always been rather interested in the reasons why people feel that others should take reproductive advice, or think that people should adhere to their view on the matter. I don't give or expect others to listen to my opinions on reproduction, so I am not open or willing to accept what others think is the way to go.

What do you feel should be more or less public about it within wicca/occult communities?

To me, it really is a non-issue. Aside from informative information, I am not really sure it matters all that much to talk about in a general sense.

Yes, individual standard. Why not ? I don't think I have the right to expect others to adhere to my views on abortion or reproduction in general, and vice versa. I would be really interested to know/understand why anyone would think others should listen to them.

I don't feel that it does, but I don't adhere to the three fold law.

Retroactively abort them, I am bemused by such rampant stupidity.

Do you or anyone you know experience a negative or positive result after having an abortion within the pagan community?

I don't think anyone that I know has had either a positive or negative experience after having an abortion. Not that I know all that many people that have, maybe a handful at most.

-I am pro-choice but personally I wouldn't abort.

-Its not an occult issue.

-Wicca/Pagan religions are suppose to be open minded.... so anything goes and no we shouldn't set a standard because on our path there is no true 'standard'.

-I believe in both but I believe they effect us differently then others see it. Most women that have an abortion deal with it mentally, physically and spiritually- that would pertain to threefold law. When it comes to the rede I feel that later on in life or in the next life they will have to deal with karma.

-I get hate mail all the time, I read it, laugh maybe tell a friend, we laugh together then I delete it.

-I know of people who have had both experiences... I don't care to know their religion.

im agianst abortion unless for medical reasons the baby wont survive when born and will kill the mother.

id never get an abortion unless opted to for this reason.

abortions can cause the body scars, internal and emotional.

i knew some girls that had done so in highschool, now they cant have children.

one girl ended up killing herself because she was forced to get one by her parents.

she left a note stating that she was completely at fault and should have ran away with her boyfriend. that she hated herself so much for killing her first child that she couldnt go on.

i dont agree with abortion,

i never will.

I'm not a witch nor am I Wiccan.

However, I believe that life is cheap and expendable. Do I really care if someone has an abortion or not? No, not at all. Each to their own.

The 3-fold law is gravely misunderstood.

~I am now & always will be pro-choice. Long before I started on my path, after I was already a mother, I had an abortion.  I knew it was the right thing for me to do at the time.  I feel that there are many women who should have had abortions rather than burden their families, or the system with their unwanted/uncared for children.  Sad to say, but many children who end up in the system, tend to stay there.  Just kind of curious as to how many pro-lifers are also pro-Death penalty?  

~As previously stated, not an Occult issue.

~No, no standards should be set.  It's not our place to set standards on a personal/political issue when our community lives by our own, personal standards.

How do you feel it impacts the rede? The three-fold law?

~I'm a Witch, so I don't follow the rede.  As for the three-fold law, I have always felt that what goes around, comes around.  Whether it comes back three times harder, is not something I have experienced, so I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of this "law".  

What should we do regarding haters such as the e-mail I received?

~Ignore it, and maybe, inadvertently, post their email address on PS, and whatever happens from there is completely out of your hands.

~I am a solitary practitioner, therefore I do not know many other Witches/Wiccans.  Plus, when I had mine, I did not identify myself with any sort of faith. So, long story short, no I have not.

I personally am not for abortion except when medicially required.  But I am not against the practice and feel that a woman has the right to do what she will with her body. 

It is not any communities place to set a standard in regards to abortion.  The government (and churches) need to stay out of the uterus! 

I do not feel that it impacts the rede or the three-fold, as it is my opinion that an undeveloped fetus is not a child.

As for the email, I would point out that most of your Christians have 10 commandments to follow, Witches have one law. And most times, we are better as human beings as they are.  Mainly because we don't strike out with hate, which  is directly against the teachings of their bible.  Hmmm.

Best Wishes  They will always be fearfull MORONS who can not see beyond the end of there

noses. Look at the world, Ruins are scattered all over it showing people NEVER learn. Do nothing

against the haters, be aware and protect your self and yours.

Every once and awhile I go to The Holocaust Museum downtown to remind myself how bad

things can get. Who knows, but pay attention to the laws that are passed, sure sign that things

are on there way to getting real ugly. Also, The famous Hatfield/McCoy feud was start by business

people who wanted them to kill themselfs off so they could gain the minerals on their land and succeded, I had sat/tv since '95 and watched alot of specials, learning alot about the Mother

and some of the evil that lurks on her so I can protect myself from the users/backstabers who always hide in the shadows-constantly testing to find weakness.

So be wary and observe.

PEACE & PLEASANT JOURNEYS

From space.com  'A Starry Night in Iceland' by Stephane Vetter (http://www.nuitsacrees.fr/). First prize in the Beauty of the Night Sky category. An aurora dances over Iceland.
CREDIT: Stephane Vetter. Courtesy of TWAN, www.twanight.org

I wish that no situation came up,when there was no reason for any abortion, This would be possible, only if drug such as the morning  after pill was available safely over the counter. Then a woman who was raped, would not have to worry about being pregnant.  This would be  great, because  she could take it and  not be criticized for having  an abortion.

If a possibility of death will occur, if the mother continues the pregnancy, then by all means, have the  portion. Is it possible,  the mom could  put her  baby up  for adoption? 

I am in the middle, when it come to abortion I think I feel this way, due to the  death of my only daughter 8 months ago.

As far as the discussion in the community of Wiccans and pagans in or community, I think that everyone's opinion should be without meanness, rudeness or hurtling  other people. You can disagree. without hurting others, if you think about what  you  say, before speaking.

Question 4, I have no comment . Those people who spout hate, no matter on what subject are the ones with the problem. They  ned to crawl back under the rock they from.My answer to the las question    is no I have not.

Blessings to you dear heart, I am sorry for your loss.

And questioning can and should be done without people feeling the need to lash out but alas this seems a consistancy on such emotions people have poured into this discussion. As it seems the only consistancy amongst those of neopagan, pagan, or non traditional ideas anymore. But if people don't stop questioning then we can't move forward as a people and if some of us choose to not see beyond bordrs we can only hope that their ignorance does not spead, for ignorance is decided as much as taught, and ponts must be made to weed ou those who are doing more harm than good. Blessed Be

Personally I don't think it matters, it is an individual view and choice. Witch or not.... Witch or not should not even play into this, it is INDIVIDUAL CHOICE. The religious aspect comes in only for that individual. Redundant question if you ask me....

i think the general public is going to have a RUDE awakening........

everything they thought they knew about witches and the occult in general.. totally misconceived.

1. What as a witch/wiccan is your view of abortion?
I belive it is up to the individual I don't believe in it so I won't have one.

2. What do you feel should be more or less public about it within wicca/occult communities?
Well its discussed on here just about ever other day so I think that says it all.

3. Should we set a standard in regards to it? Why?

no, because I think its up to the individual and other people should keep there noses out of it.

4. How d you fee it impacts the rede? The three-fold law?

I don't believe in the rede or the three fold law, but the rede dose so "with no harm to others"  so if you belive in the rede I would think your breaking that law.

5.What should we do regarding haters such as the e-mail I recieved?

Just ignor them there trying to hurt you, or trying to get a rise out of you so don't let them have that.

6. Do you or anyone you know experience a negative or positive result after having an abortion within the pagan community?

I know a buddhist that had one, when ever she talks about it she kined of gets all self righteous about it but her eyes are sad.

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service