PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

An End to Aging: Can Science Allow Humans to To Become Immortal?

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Perhaps you fear the title of this topic, and that people could live forever, and what I said sounds a bit too free thinking,"

No I was not referring to you at all, so no apology necessary. Perhaps it is you who are too overly self conscious and paranoid about what others say in public.

However, now that you mention it, you could be good candidate for a Jehovahs Witness.

I wasn't asking for an apology, but you do think one is owed?

So your Dr Strangelove, well, it all make sense now. 

Then you must be the one who is 'overly self conscious and paranoid about what others say in public.'

But thanks for the clarification. 

Makes sense now...cool!

"and the P53 gene which when manipulated has be known to lengthen the lives of worms."

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to know that.

yup depends but I think this kind of change would involve people with quite a bit of money...and of course the elite would be able enjoy the benefits of this kind of process,

Yes, our best hope was thought to be in the length of telomeres to halting aging, and the P53 gene which when manipulated has be known to lengthen the lives of worms. 

Science might offer us longevity, and better health for a longer period, but it won't give us immortality. Which is something of a nonsense word, as this would suggest you can't be killed, as opposed to living forever. 

Spirituality, offers us a chance to break this negative loop, of being born and then we die. We need something to bridge the gap, for that longevity we want. Which is the 'great work' of Alchemy, turning lead into gold using sex as the intermediary. A woman's elemental nature is water, and a man is fire, two incompatible elements which can be united with love, but it must be true love.  By integrating these two elements we would create an indestructible body of a much higher vibration.

It's the difference between our parents attempt at achieving the 'super orgasm' and our birth, as we were born in sin. Not as a crime, but as a failure, because if they had succeeded we would not be here.

However, any children born from this kind of work would be by themselves children of exceptional ability.

Perhaps they will learn to close this gap? 

I'm all for it. I think afterlives are overrated and so is reincarnation. Why come back multiple times when you can get all in an infinite one?

Time to download our consciousnesses.

As pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn
Plays wasted words, proves to warn
That he not busy being born is busy dying

Bob Dylan.

To quote one of Ridley Scott's Engineers: "Why would you want to do that?"

I really think a lot of science. It has come a long way in the last hundred years. No one can argue that...

However, there are those who perpetually want to meander into a "fool's paradise" by giving science more credit and optimism than it deserves

Scientific positivism isn't atheism and a bunch of other philosophies. People can't separate this and end up with those views.

RSS

Find Us:

Wiccan Supplies

Iphone Coming Soon!

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service