PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

This has been bugging me for some time since I started my path in Paganism over nine years ago. Is it appropriation when the Lwa or Orishas have called on you though you are not of that culture? I have felt extremly close to Shango who has helped me through some tough times. I have always gave him the proper respect to the best of my ability, honoring him on his days feeding him as well as asking Papa Legba for opening the crossroads. I never claimed that I am practicing Santeria, Ifa, New Orleans, Polo or any other Voodoo practice. I never claim that i am a priest of his or sell stuff that culture. I never looked him up and said thats who i want to honor he showed interests in me. 

Thank you all for your responses. 

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The gods go where they want. If they're showing up on their own, then trying to ignore them isn't going to work. You have to at the very least acknowledge them. They're not your property or your culture. They are autonomous intelligences with minds of their own, and if you want to know what they want with you--ask them. You may have to learn how to listen to understand the answer, but you'll get one.

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service