PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Hello! This is my first post, so please do let me know if I err in any way. 

I am 28, and I'm just starting to get into paganism, after many years of recovering from the very problematic Christian environment I was raised in. For a long time I just considered myself agnostic, but was frightened of going any further. Not that I was afraid of paganism or witchcraft or anything like that - I've always been interested in paganism, but was just so turned off of any sort of spirituality at all. My partner was already pagan for a few years before, just a few months ago, it was like a switch in me was suddenly turned on - I was ready to start. I've been going slowly, experimenting with things, and feeling my way into a path I'd like to follow.

My full question for the rest of you is: How old were you when you started identifying as a pagan (or whatever term you'd like to use!), and what lead you to that moment?

If there are already posts like this I apologize - I looked back a few months and didn't see anything recent, and think it would be a fun way to get to know people!

Views: 1082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know much about the classification, but I think you're right, and that 'Pagan' is an umbrella term that encompasses several beliefs. That's part of what I like about it, you don't necessarily have to conform to any sort of scripture or exact set of rules.

In the code I teach , and work with , Laurence ,

where letter and number align...

Book = 340 ( Obri / Hebrew )

Lore = 340 ( Runic )

People = 340 ( Runic )

There are the people of the Book , and the people of the Lore...

One was Oral Tradition...the other written , and became the Scripture

of different cultures , religions , and peoples...

Pagans , at one time , were people of the Lore...

Knowledge passed down , "mouth to ear"...

I really like that, actually. :) 

I started identifying as a pagan at age 36, I had a NDE experience where I left my body and partyed in the world of the dead for about 2 weeks and I have been one since!

Blessings Be

ELisabeth

I have heard of NDEs, but never where someone partied for two weeks, haha. I don't see how that COULDN'T change your mind, that's pretty amazing!

That does resonate as true, the Mother-Father-Child thing.

Let's not only blame the Semites (Chaldeans, Hebrews, Phoenicians, Assyrians, etc.) for this patriarchal imperialism, it was also and about simultaneously spead by the Aryans (Indoeuropeans), as per Marija Gimbutas (Bronze Age immigrants into Europe, Persians, etc.).

There is an age coming of greater understanding, ethical understanding, which in many ways will seem a return to the Mother period, but in fact we could say will be a well-raised Child.

Those of us propagating what remains and what is re-created of earlier higher-level truths are bringing this to pass.

Yes, I totally understand the agnostic thing... it's a very safe identity, completely non-committal while at the same time reserving your right to believe in anything, if you should choose to.

Herbalism is an interest of mine as well! And I think you'll find a lot of companionship here, most people are very friendly from what I've experienced.

That IS early! So you're saying you don't get dressed up and bedazzled for every ritual? ;)

Animism is a very interesting belief system... it feels very instinctual, doesn't it. And it's one of the oldest forms of paganism, too, I think. I'd have to do more research to confirm that, though.

That's awesome! I love graphs like this, it makes everything so much easier to understand. I didn't realize just how connected some things were, either.

Agreed...

I might not agree with all his connections , and some

are definitely lacking in connection...

For instance , Scientology was directly affected by Thelema...

L. Ron Hubbard...or , as he is called by some in the O.T.O. ,

Elron , was a member of the Los Angeles O.T.O Lodge , and

was instrumental , with Jack Parsons , ( Jet Propulsion Laboratory )

or "Jack Parsons' Laboratory" , in the "Babalon Working" , or the

invocation of the Goddess Babalon , ( Woman Girt With The Sword )

into physical manifestation , through the human female Marjorie

Cameron...

He used a number of techniques he learned through the O.T.O. , in

his concept of "clearing"...and "imprinting" via certain information

revealed by progress through "grades"...

Just a modern example of lack of informed linkages...

Yet , at this time , I could not do as well as he did , creating this

graph , so I feel it is a good approximate...;)

When is a tough one. I always knew I was different or at least my thought patterns was different. I tried a few other ideas over the years before I settled on this one. It' been a long road to get here....

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service