PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Hello! This is my first post, so please do let me know if I err in any way. 

I am 28, and I'm just starting to get into paganism, after many years of recovering from the very problematic Christian environment I was raised in. For a long time I just considered myself agnostic, but was frightened of going any further. Not that I was afraid of paganism or witchcraft or anything like that - I've always been interested in paganism, but was just so turned off of any sort of spirituality at all. My partner was already pagan for a few years before, just a few months ago, it was like a switch in me was suddenly turned on - I was ready to start. I've been going slowly, experimenting with things, and feeling my way into a path I'd like to follow.

My full question for the rest of you is: How old were you when you started identifying as a pagan (or whatever term you'd like to use!), and what lead you to that moment?

If there are already posts like this I apologize - I looked back a few months and didn't see anything recent, and think it would be a fun way to get to know people!

Views: 890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can be a bit of a nerd about gardening, so I completely agree. It's frustrating to see all these places around here with ugly McMansions with their yards completely covered in gravel, or paved over. Then they plop a couple of shrubs in little square boxes down on top of all that. I mean, it's their yard, my opinion doesn't concern them, but it's especially sad to see because I'm in an upper story townhouse and have to garden on my little balcony.

I'd love to one day be able to purchase some acreage and have a small-scale farm, or at least a city lot and create a nice community garden. There aren't any around where I live right now, unfortunately.

And home food production is so good for the local economy, you'd think people would be more interested. But, I think a big problem is that few folks feel they have the time. Not everyone wants to spend their weekends weeding, which is fair enough, really.

Yes.. it helps to have the madness I have... which causes me to enjoy grovelling in the dirt and shovelling manure...

On the bright side, I get to be outdoors and then there's the food.

In urban situations there are many potentials for action. I used to teach school in S-Central L.A. (Watts-Compton area) and noticed that nearly every lot was 1/4 acre, yet nobody was growing food and the neighborhood was rampant with crime and dysfunction. I've thought many times I wish I'd have tried to start some sort of gardening project. As a teacher I already had good relations with the community, including the Crips, and could have pulled it off probably... ah well that's one opportunity I missed.

Imagine turning Watts-Compton into a garden spot! This sort of thing is possible in many places, including small towns.

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service