PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Hello! This is my first post, so please do let me know if I err in any way. 

I am 28, and I'm just starting to get into paganism, after many years of recovering from the very problematic Christian environment I was raised in. For a long time I just considered myself agnostic, but was frightened of going any further. Not that I was afraid of paganism or witchcraft or anything like that - I've always been interested in paganism, but was just so turned off of any sort of spirituality at all. My partner was already pagan for a few years before, just a few months ago, it was like a switch in me was suddenly turned on - I was ready to start. I've been going slowly, experimenting with things, and feeling my way into a path I'd like to follow.

My full question for the rest of you is: How old were you when you started identifying as a pagan (or whatever term you'd like to use!), and what lead you to that moment?

If there are already posts like this I apologize - I looked back a few months and didn't see anything recent, and think it would be a fun way to get to know people!

Views: 1082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a child I was interested in the craft. In my teen years I experimented with different religions. They all seemed wrong to me. I stumbled upon Wicca and fell in love. Honestly, it took me a while to identify but I would say about the age of 15 or 16 I connected more with it. It wasn't until the past year that I really started using the title "Pagan" or "Wiccan." But to avoid conflict with several Christians in my family I kept it to myself. Honestly your story reminds me a lot of what I went through. What really brought me to that point of wanting to be a pagan was realizing that I am my own person, this is what I wanted and, it made me happy.

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service