PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Hello! This is my first post, so please do let me know if I err in any way. 

I am 28, and I'm just starting to get into paganism, after many years of recovering from the very problematic Christian environment I was raised in. For a long time I just considered myself agnostic, but was frightened of going any further. Not that I was afraid of paganism or witchcraft or anything like that - I've always been interested in paganism, but was just so turned off of any sort of spirituality at all. My partner was already pagan for a few years before, just a few months ago, it was like a switch in me was suddenly turned on - I was ready to start. I've been going slowly, experimenting with things, and feeling my way into a path I'd like to follow.

My full question for the rest of you is: How old were you when you started identifying as a pagan (or whatever term you'd like to use!), and what lead you to that moment?

If there are already posts like this I apologize - I looked back a few months and didn't see anything recent, and think it would be a fun way to get to know people!

Views: 887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few twists and turns , with vintage witches

What a fun video, Shawn!

Nothing too interesting, thank goodness. I've found that I'm returning to an old interest in herbalism, so we will see where that takes me. Also been trying out some meditation and visualization techniques, which has been fun. I'm still searching for a more specific path, but right now I suppose the general suits me fine.

I like incense once in a while, but I don't smoke. It is best with the window cracked open, for sure, haha. 

And you are right, I think that essential oils and aromatherapy are very tied in with herbalism. They're botanicals and they can really affect our mood and our health.

Thanks for the recommendation. I see that her books are very highly rated - I have added one to my Amazon list for payday.

Always felt uneasy in a Christian atmosphere. Which in turn led me here. To Paganism. Moreso. Wicca. And it's a wonderful lifestyle. I push it on no one. We are all free to choose our beliefs. For me. I came out of my broom closet at around 24.

Lovely to meet you, Kelly. I agree, I'd love it if everyone was free to choose their beliefs - so long as they did not negatively impact those around them. We can dream... :) Maybe someday.

I discovered my path at 18. I began reading about Wicca while at college. I began practicing in earnest at 19 and haven't look back since!

Hello! Do you still consider yourself pure Wiccan, or have you absorbed other Pagan practices over the years?

Oh, oops, I found your other post. So, you are still very much Wiccan. It's cool that you found a path that suits you so well so quickly.

None. I was under the impression that it was a catch all for any religions that are not scripture oriented, which is a classification based on exclusivity. I abandoned catholicism at 18 and became a deist, but I've never held or practiced any archetypal pagan beliefs. Other than abandoning christian ethics for hellenistic ethics, I'm not much of a pagan tbh. 

I don't know much about the classification, but I think you're right, and that 'Pagan' is an umbrella term that encompasses several beliefs. That's part of what I like about it, you don't necessarily have to conform to any sort of scripture or exact set of rules.

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service