PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

I was surfing the web and came across something that just pissed me off to no end.

I went to ala.org (American Library Association) and found that they have a section where turbo- christian freaks who would love to snuff out free speech can actually lead to a book being band!!!! To me that is a Huge slap in the face! Who are those prudes that think they have the right to decided what I may and may not read?!!!

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I just find the Christian view that everything they don't like is Satanic to be rediculous
They read the bible-to them other books are pointless.....
I can't be a Christian AND use my brain!
in my 8th grade year i had to do a research paper on him in thought he actualy based his books on the so called struggle of god vs satan. the ring representing sin... how that fits in is beyond my knowledge but nevertheless very well written book series in my opinion....
Ultimately, it is the owner/keeper of the library that will determine what books will and will not be offered. I'm still annoyed that I only found "His Dark Materials," by Phillip Pullman a couple of years ago, thanks to the moral strictures of many small minded libraries in my youth. What questions that series would have had me asking as a teenager!
If only all librarians could be like that.
1. ttyl, ttfn, l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
Reasons: Nudity, Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group, Drugs

2. “And Tango Makes Three” by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson
Reasons: Homosexuality

3. “The Perks of Being A Wallflower,” by Stephen Chbosky
Reasons: Homosexuality, Sexually Explicit, Anti-Family, Offensive Language, Religious Viewpoint, Unsuited to Age Group, Drugs, Suicide

4. “To Kill A Mockingbird,” by Harper Lee
Reasons: Racism, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

5. Twilight (series) by Stephenie Meyer
Reasons: Sexually Explicit, Religious Viewpoint, Unsuited to Age Group

6. “Catcher in the Rye,” by J.D. Salinger
Reasons: Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

7. “My Sister’s Keeper,” by Jodi Picoult
Reasons: Sexism, Homosexuality, Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Religious Viewpoint, Unsuited to Age Group, Drugs, Suicide, Violence

8. “The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things,” by Carolyn Mackler

9. “The Color Purple,” Alice Walker

10. “The Chocolate War,” by Robert Cormier
Reasons: Nudity, Sexually Explicit, Offensive Language, Unsuited to Age Group

these are the top 10 on ala
this is funny and sad at the same time.
whats even more funny is that the kids of the people who wrote in complaints read the books anyways!
i just found the top 100 baned books, and picked out a few of my fav.'s for this list. honestly ppl. they cant be serious

1 Harry Potter (series), by J.K. Rowling (knew this was on here!)
2 Alice series, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (uh didn't disney do not one but TWO movies?)
5 Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck (manditory for high school)
6 I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou (another manditory in high school)
7 Scary Stories (series), by Alvin Schwartz (my eighth grade teacher read these to us!)
13 Captain Underpants (series), by Dav Pilkey (sold at elementary school book fairs!)
14 The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain (manditory in eighth grade)
17 The Color Purple, by Alice Walker (honestly??)
19 Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger (another high school manditory)
21 To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee (9th grade, had to read the book AND watch the movie)
28 Bridge To Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson (another childrens movie, but i did cry at the end damnit!)
29 The Face on the Milk Carton, by Caroline B. Cooney (eighth grade, come on ppl)
49 One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, by Ken Kesey (9th grade again!)
52 The Great Gilly Hopkins, by Katherine Paterson (right next to capt.underpants at said book fair)
57 Blood and Chocolate, by Annette Curtis Klause (LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! read in 8th grade. really ppl)
67 A Time to Kill, by John Grisham (uh isn't this a movie??)
75 Anastasia (series), by Lois Lowry(i know disney did a movie, and now i'm gonna have once upon a december stuck in my head for the rest of the day!)
89 Friday Night Lights, by H.G. Bissenger (i know this is a movie)
90 A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L’Engle (uhh 3rd grade teacher read and we had to do projects...wow)
94 Goosebumps (series), by R.L. Stine(.........really........)

and in all honesty if parents dont like em dont let ur kids read em. if teachers don't like em don't read em in class. think ppl.
If they don't understand something it must be magick! And magick(the occult) is a dark art and is of Satan....this is dark ages mentality...
Christians were also responsible for the burning of many great libraries-setting us back hundreds of years technology wise! And getting rid of a lot of records about now extinct civilizations...
i heart u justin

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service