PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

So i just joined this page. And the first thing i see is a cringy leftwinger trying to claim that my peoples ancient religion is a universal religion. Okey.

Asatro was created by Germanic peoples. It was almost exclusively practised only by Germanic peoples. Wotan/Woden/Odin. All the same and all various names from different Germanic peoples. Asatro does not belong to anyone except Germanic peoples, why? Because its a tribal religion. Just like paganism practised by Native Americans belong to them and only them so does Asatro only belong to Germanic peoples.

Now i know many of you leftwingers blend your political views with religious ones. You almost allways do this. But understand this. Asatro is tribal not universal. If you cannot accept that well too bad i don´t care, scream racist or bloody murder for all i care. But do NOT try to turn tribal war God Odin into a universal one like Jesus just to fit with your multicultural world view.

From a Scandinavian / With regards.

Views: 742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No it was "made up" by a 13th century poet called Snorri Sturelsson who wrote the Edda based upon the oral traditions on Iceland and the sagas connected to them. And Sweden with over 3000 runestone totally doesn´t have numerous stones dedicated to the Aesir. Totally not. Go figure.

he is real but was a bit of an arrogant sob

my point is that when your only source is a Christian source, you can't claim any sort of validity

Exactly.  

We have the Romans writing about the Germanic peoples and their gods, and that predates Sturelsson by 1200 years.  

And you can't trust what the Romans wrote about them either because they were prone to not really doing their research where the "barbarians" were concerned.

In Hilda Ellis Davidson's words, present-day knowledge of Old Norse religion contains "vast gaps", and we must be cautious and avoid "bas[ing] wild assumptions on isolated details"

Well, I guess you're going to get mad if you study proto-indo-european religion. (PIE) You'll figure out how Greek, Middle Eastern, European, and Hindu religions are all related to each other.

Btw, who gave you authority to dictate who worships who, when, where, how, and why?

Proto-Indo-European is not Proto-Germanic or even later Germanic. By that time the Indo-Europeans had diverged far to much to be anything alike. Everyone knows that.

The point is that they did not live in a bubble of cultural purity. There is no such thing, they're all related.

1  learn to spell     Asatru.    Asatro is a secret spelling used to discover those idiots who do not really know what it is about.  YOU  mr handpuppet have been found out    

2  you must be specifically  NORTH Germanic or NOrse to be able to follow this path Norse existed prior to Germanic.  Anything else and you are a fake.

3.  you must be able to match the authentic Norse Asatru color code and have the secret tattoo to be accepted as well as being able to do the secret dance. the secret handshake and to drink the secret drink.

4. norse are considered to be of the left hand path ... so are technically the original left wingers.

I suggest you go back to your kindergaten young man and try a topic you actually know something about.

https://en.natmus.dk/historical-knowledge/denmark/prehistoric-perio...

"learn to spell     Asatru.    Asatro is a secret spelling used to discover those idiots who do not really know what it is about.  YOU  mr handpuppet have been found out    

suggest you go back to your kindergaten young man and try a topic you actually know something about."

ha ha ha, way to go, OLD MAN.... suggest maybe time for a good colon cleanup.

In Hilda Ellis Davidson's words, present-day knowledge of Old Norse religion contains "vast gaps", and we must be cautious and avoid "bas[ing] wild assumptions on isolated details"

It is common knowledge that written records of ancient Norse religion was scarce, and/or unreliable, and all came many centuries after the fact prior or after the Roman occupation of Northern Europe. If you could not trust the Roman record, then who could you trust?

All the more reason then, to conure up some recon- universalist bullshit, no doubt.

Forget about the people who's cultural and ethnic lineage is indigenous to the region, and practicing their own brand oral tradition for untold thousands of years.

Talk the same kind of shit to a Huna or a Navajo Indian, and I'm sure they will welcome it, and embrace the white universalist eclectic new ager with loving open arms, simply because the new invasive species known as the "race panderer" claims to be open to anything not his own, so he can pat himself on the back and feel good about it. And get some moral support from his like minded social media clan .

I suppose because they (the Scandinavians) happen to be white, they don't factor into any authentic new age pagan eclectic recon-universalist fantasy.

Forget about the people who's cultural and ethnic lineage is indigenous to the region, and practicing their own brand oral tradition for untold thousands of years.

Got any evidence of that?  Or is that just another fantasy claim?

Archaeology can confirm some of the records. All 4 main branches of anthro can. We never *only* look to historical record keeping, and I cannot fathom why people think we do. We have bones, burials, rites, etc--plenty of places to look to confirm.

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service