PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

So i just joined this page. And the first thing i see is a cringy leftwinger trying to claim that my peoples ancient religion is a universal religion. Okey.

Asatro was created by Germanic peoples. It was almost exclusively practised only by Germanic peoples. Wotan/Woden/Odin. All the same and all various names from different Germanic peoples. Asatro does not belong to anyone except Germanic peoples, why? Because its a tribal religion. Just like paganism practised by Native Americans belong to them and only them so does Asatro only belong to Germanic peoples.

Now i know many of you leftwingers blend your political views with religious ones. You almost allways do this. But understand this. Asatro is tribal not universal. If you cannot accept that well too bad i don´t care, scream racist or bloody murder for all i care. But do NOT try to turn tribal war God Odin into a universal one like Jesus just to fit with your multicultural world view.

From a Scandinavian / With regards.

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Proto-Indo-European is not Proto-Germanic or even later Germanic. By that time the Indo-Europeans had diverged far to much to be anything alike. Everyone knows that.

The point is that they did not live in a bubble of cultural purity. There is no such thing, they're all related.

1  learn to spell     Asatru.    Asatro is a secret spelling used to discover those idiots who do not really know what it is about.  YOU  mr handpuppet have been found out    

2  you must be specifically  NORTH Germanic or NOrse to be able to follow this path Norse existed prior to Germanic.  Anything else and you are a fake.

3.  you must be able to match the authentic Norse Asatru color code and have the secret tattoo to be accepted as well as being able to do the secret dance. the secret handshake and to drink the secret drink.

4. norse are considered to be of the left hand path ... so are technically the original left wingers.

I suggest you go back to your kindergaten young man and try a topic you actually know something about.

https://en.natmus.dk/historical-knowledge/denmark/prehistoric-perio...

"learn to spell     Asatru.    Asatro is a secret spelling used to discover those idiots who do not really know what it is about.  YOU  mr handpuppet have been found out    

suggest you go back to your kindergaten young man and try a topic you actually know something about."

ha ha ha, way to go, OLD MAN.... suggest maybe time for a good colon cleanup.

In Hilda Ellis Davidson's words, present-day knowledge of Old Norse religion contains "vast gaps", and we must be cautious and avoid "bas[ing] wild assumptions on isolated details"

It is common knowledge that written records of ancient Norse religion was scarce, and/or unreliable, and all came many centuries after the fact prior or after the Roman occupation of Northern Europe. If you could not trust the Roman record, then who could you trust?

All the more reason then, to conure up some recon- universalist bullshit, no doubt.

Forget about the people who's cultural and ethnic lineage is indigenous to the region, and practicing their own brand oral tradition for untold thousands of years.

Talk the same kind of shit to a Huna or a Navajo Indian, and I'm sure they will welcome it, and embrace the white universalist eclectic new ager with loving open arms, simply because the new invasive species known as the "race panderer" claims to be open to anything not his own, so he can pat himself on the back and feel good about it. And get some moral support from his like minded social media clan .

I suppose because they (the Scandinavians) happen to be white, they don't factor into any authentic new age pagan eclectic recon-universalist fantasy.

Forget about the people who's cultural and ethnic lineage is indigenous to the region, and practicing their own brand oral tradition for untold thousands of years.

Got any evidence of that?  Or is that just another fantasy claim?

Archaeology can confirm some of the records. All 4 main branches of anthro can. We never *only* look to historical record keeping, and I cannot fathom why people think we do. We have bones, burials, rites, etc--plenty of places to look to confirm.

"Got any evidence of that?"

Evidence, she says...ha ha. Got any evidence to the contrary, there professor?
The evidence bloodhound is still sniffing, has got her tail waggin again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f7pgA0riU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EWqTym2cQUifyouwantbloodyou got it

Watch out for those Christians getting thrown to the lions!

Evidence, she says...ha ha. Got any evidence to the contrary, there professor?

I don't have to disprove you.  YOU are making the claim.  The burden of proof falls on you, ace.  Get back with us on the scholarly and historical evidence which you won't find in Youtube videos.

Evidence?

Aurelia, about 3000 years ago, Iceland was invaded by polar bears and immigrants from South Africa. There were no white people there, the black people simply faded into the snow. Don’t you know your history? Has your professor video game gone AWOL?

Evidence starting with you, we don’t even know for sure if you are a woman with that fake photo and fake name.

You could be one of those "scientific gender experiments" for all we know. A "huma-droid"

It's a no brainer.... EVERY ancient region of the world where humans propagated had their own genetic and cultural lineage. That is Darwinism 101. Do your own research.

Scandinavia is no exception, not to disprove your own uninformed opinions of it, but it is indeed a fact. The fact that you have no answer for this is proof that you have no idea.

If the presence of ancient peoples existed by virtue of Stonehenge, which is speculated to be 5000 years past, or OLDER, Scandinavia is not too far away from that region. So, yes, if you are so emphatic about your denial, or cynicism, then PROVE your dogma, because quite frankly, I have nothing to prove to you or your co horts here. AND, it is of no concern of mine whether you agree with it or not.

In fact that you yourself may be so confused, that it cannot be ascertained exactly what your demand for "scholarly evidence" is referring to. Are you referring to indigenous population presence there, prior to 200 bce, or are you inferring something else?

Another theory is as follows, that makes a little more sense:

Seems to me this is common knowledge:

Teutons,

ancient Germanic tribe, dwelling originally on the Cimbric Peninsula (now Jutland). About 120 bc, the Teutons joined the Cimbri in their migration southward; the two peoples separated in 105 bc. The Teutons lived in Gaul from that year until 102 bc when they were annihilated by the Roman general Gaius Marius at Aquae Sextiae (modern Aix-en-Provence, France). The word Teutonic survives as a synonym for Germanic.

Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2002. © 1993-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Notice they did not refer to "Indo European"

THEORY:

They may have been air lifted there from India, or South Africa. The Indians and South Africans simply got tired of the heat, and getting chased around by lions, tigers, and crocodiles, gave up farming, and decided to move north to take up fishing.

And start praying to a "new god"

I can give you a list of 50 scholars from all over Europe, who have written and taught on these issues, many of whom don't agree on much of anything. Consensual agreement would simply strip them of their personal ambitions and their egos, then there would be no distinction between any of them, which would make them mostly irrelevant clones of each other.

The primary theory of Indo European collusion, expounded by Dumezil, a philologist, for example, is that all religious activity in society can be divided into three functions: the spiritual, the military, and the productive. He used this theory to explain many obscure aspects of Indo-European mythologies, which presumably explains the so called "connection" between Norse mythos and Indian /Greek. Dumezil was obviously a very brilliant guy, BUT that is a weak argument, as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't prove anything in terms of accurate traceable influence on the mythos of Germanic peoples, as it supposedly connects to India or Greece. It merely connects the same vague evolutionary similarities that you would find on a global scale.

It doesn't explain the movement of mythology from Iceland, southward. Anthropolgy tends to point to the southward movement of cultural migration in the region, not northward. If it all came from indo european, it would ALL have moved NORTHWARD.

Dumezil's theory draws basic theoretical structural similarities, which could be said of almost every system of mythology, and even government, all over the world, that ever existed, not just Indo European. Again, an aspect of evolution, that does not necessarily prove a singular source.

It basically "rapes" indigenous peoples of the oral traditions of anywhere, that pre dates written records by unknown thousands of years. In this case, Scandinavia.

Also, in some ancient cultures, there were NEVER written records of their mythos.

The facts are that written material pertaining to Scandinavian mythology existed around the 12th century, partiularly from Iceland. So, WHAT YOU HAVE BEFORE THAT IS ORAL TRADITION, WHICH COULD BE MUCH BETTER DISCERNED BY THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF THE REGION,

THE SAGA

Iceland is most famous for its medieval sagas, written between the 12th and 14th centuries. Sagas are tales of Norwegian kings and real or legendary heroes, both men and women, of Iceland and Scandinavia. Composed in prose, generally by unknown authors, they are thought to have been widely recited by storytellers before being committed to writing. None of the original manuscripts is extant; transcripts and collections, sometimes with revisions and amplifications of the originals, date from the 13th century and after.

Hundreds of sagas were written in medieval Iceland. They may be divided into kings' sagas, such as Snorri Sturluson's Heimskringla, which traces the rulers of Norway from legendary times to 1177, and Knýtlinga Saga, dealing with Danish kings from Gorm the Old to Canute IV; legendary sagas, which are basically knightly romances and fantasies (sometimes called lying sagas) of varying literary merit; and the sagas of Icelanders—more or less fictionalized accounts of the so-called Saga Age (900-1050) in Iceland. To the last category belong such highly accomplished literary works as Egil's Saga, the life of the warrior-poet Egill Skallagrímsson; Laxdaela Saga, a triangular love story; Gísla Saga, the tragic tale of a heroic outlaw; and Njál's Saga, generally considered the high point of Icelandic literary art, a complex and rich account of human and societal conflicts.

In addition, the saga form was used in the 13th century to write contemporary history as it evolved around preeminent personages of the time. The result is generally known under the collective name of Sturlunga Saga; it recounts in gory detail the internecine struggle of the 13th century that led to the end of the old Icelandic commonwealth. The best of its components is the Íslendinga Saga of Sturla Thórdarson, a nephew of Snorri Sturluson. Other historical writings of medieval Iceland include the Íslendingabók (Book of Icelanders) by Ari Thorgilsson the Learned and the Landnámabók (Book of Settlements), in which Ari may also have had a hand.

Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2002. © 1993-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service