PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

I have been wondering if Crystals placed in the ground like plant seeds would grow, I was considering getting some quartz wands to plant in a 5 pointed star pattern in the hopes it would grow into 5 tall quartz obelisks.

Whenever I put salt into water then put my smoky quartz in it to cleanse it the salt travels up and out of its container getting on the crystal and on the cord that is not inside the water so I hope that means my idea will work.

does anyone know if this will work

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out this link about crystal formation: Theory of Crystal Formation

Adam - are you joking?

How Quartz is created

Quartz is a defining constituent of granite and other felsic igneous rocks. It is very common in sedimentary rocks such as sandstone and shale. It is a common constituent of schist, gneiss, quartzite and other metamorphic rocks. Quartz has the lowest potential for weathering in the Goldich dissolution series and consequently it is very common as a residual mineral in stream sediments and residual soils.

While the majority of quartz crystallizes from molten magma, much quartz also chemically precipitates from hot hydrothermal veins as gangue, sometimes with ore minerals like gold, silver and copper. Large crystals of quartz are found in magmatic pegmatites. Well-formed crystals may reach several meters in length and weigh hundreds of kilograms.

That's how you make quartz crystals...and oh, yeah, you have to wait several millennia for them to get big.

A GCSE or equivilent text book from a local library should clear this up. Even better, one of my favourate books called the "Crystal Bible" has a thorough introduction to how crystals form and grow.

That said; no, buried crystals won't grow.

"That said; no, buried crystals won't grow."

But they will get dirty, which serves no useful purpose.

crystals can grow, it just depends. some people grow different kinds of crystals pretty much from scratch. the details involved in a crystal growing determine whether it will grow or not.

No, I was not joking. I was considering getting 5 clear quartz wands, digging a small hole about 1/3 the height of
the wand. push the wand into the ground put water in the hole with the wand.

I had also considered getting some lightning rods and silver wire to connect the quartz to the lightning rods.

What gave me the idea for this was my Sea Salt and Water that I used to cleanse my Smoky Quartz Crystal. The water would evaporate sometimes and the bowl would look like the inside of a geode and the Salt somehow ended up outside the bowl too. I never figuted out how.

I would fill the wooden bowl with water pour a small pile of coarse sea salt in it, and place the crystalon the center of the salt, next thing I know the salt is all over the cord on the outside of the bowl. I figured with no contact with anything that could put the salt in motion the ony solution could be that the salt crystals spread as they began to grow. Granted Iam no scientist but with the lack of any other explanation for a small pile of salt in the center of a bowl of water to cover the entire inside of the bowl, travel along the shoelace cord of my Smoky Quartz Crystal neclace and coat the bottom of the outside of the bowl I reasoned that the growth of the salt crstals was the explanation. thats what made me wonder about whether crystal wands could become obelisks

Well, now you know better.  You can 'grow' crystal quartz, but it will take you extremely high heat, extremely high pressure and several million years to do so.

The salt is just dissolved in the liquid.  When the water evaporates, the salt reforms into crystals and precipitates out.

As for your bowl, a wooden bowl is porous.  The salt and water seeps through. This happens with clay gardening pots as well.

The water does not come out of the bowl except through evaporation the salt is not dissolved in any way. it simply spreads out as the water evaporates and travels out to the bottom edge of the outside of it.

one day soon I may take a few pictures to show you.

As I understand it, the salt travels along the necklace cord to the outside of the bowl? That’s normal, just water being soaked up. It may only be tiny amounts of water, too small to see, but each second some of the water escapes and evaporates. 

Also, salt is formed when salt water evaporates. You cannot dissolve quartz in water. Quartz forms from molten magma. This means that you would need to use molten magma to ‘grow’ a quartz crystal, just as you need salt water to ‘grow’ a salt crystal. 

So, to form salt, use salt water. 

To form quartz, use molten magma. 

Hope this helps!

yeah ithelps a bit but it does not clear up how the salt travels without the motion of the water to move the salt.
the same effect occurs with my glass chalice I put fresh water in the chalice prior to each ritual I bless the water then I bless the salt put 3 pinches in the water and bless the union of the two my chalice sits in the center of a pentacle altar tile tea light holder. when the water evaporates from my chalice it ends up coating the pentacle altar plate tealight holder covering every part of the star and celtic knot circle entirely. there is no cord in this instance for the salt to travel along so how does the altar plate get salt all over it when the water in the chalice evaporates?

Lizzie did answer your question.  The water is traveling, the amount is just minute.  Too small for the naked eye to see.

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service