PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Something different this year for Saint Patrick's Day.  I created the effigy from Paper Mache, people will attach their grievances during March.  Later, during an April Moon - St. Patrick will be burned ceremoniously in the fire!

Article write up here:

www.alternativeshr.com

Figured I'd share it here for anyone that was interested in creating community events.  STEAL > DIY > ENJOY!

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there a limit to the number of grievances allowed per person?

Nope, you can make a list.

Ooh thanks.
I would like the bigoted attitudes of the "born again xtians" to be burnt.
Also the constant stream of computer upgrades. No sooner have you installed the last one when another one appears. (get it right the first time!)
If we can have people burnt I would like to nominate my best friends mum. She is a manipulative controlling attention whore who uses emotional blackmail on her kids. I see it and how it impacts on them. If I point it out it leads to a fight, so can she just burn and have done with it please?
Low interest rates should be burnt 'cos they are rubbish for anyone with savings accounts.
Thank you.

I've been advised that Saint Pat will be burned during the April Moon (Esbat).

I'd like a request for St. Pat to expose continued sex scandals inside the Vatican and all Catholic parishes.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=catholic+church+sex+scandals&a...;*&spf=395

Green Metal.  Awesome. :)

My grievance is that I never heard of these guys before. Lol. 

Quite enjoyable.

Reminds me of the bands they used to get at Tommy Makem's, a pub on East 57th Street in Manhattan.  Coolest thing was that there was never any cover charge to go in and catch some music. 

Lots of illegal Irish immigrants worked there (and in a lot of other pubs in the city).  I'm pretty sure we've got more illegal Irish immigrants here in NYC (and neighboring cities) than they have illegal Mexican immigrants in any of the border states.  But the Irish aren't brown enough for Trump & Co. to bother with. :)

Makem's closed down a few years ago.  I really miss that place.

Celtic Folk Metal and Celtic Punk is just fun to listen to. It sucks when the cool venues close.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/us/white-irish-undocumented-trnd/?iid...

An estimated 50,000 undocumented Irish immigrants live in the United States -- they make up a small percentage of the more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living there, the majority of whom were born in Mexico.
"It is easier being illegal here when you're white," Shauna, an undocumented Irish immigrant, tells CNN. "It's not easy, of course, you have that paranoia but there isn't the racial element. It's a bit easier to stay under the radar."
But there's a growing sense of fear in the community since the election of President Donald Trump.

The number of Irish vs. Mexicans pales in comparison to the enormous hypocrisy shown by many here in the U.S.:

Quoted from "We are undocumented but they are illegal" by Fintan O'Toole in The Irish Times:

This hypocrisy ... was best exemplified during the primary elections last year, when the egregious Bill O’Reilly of Fox News questioned Ted Cruz, then still very much in the running, about the plans he and Trump were putting forward to round up and deport “illegal immigrants”.

The hard case O’Reilly chose to put Cruz on the spot was not a fictional María Contreras or Fareed Zakaria. It was an imagined Tommy O’Malley: “So Tommy O’Malley from County Cork in Ireland is over here and he overstays his visa and he has got a couple of kids and he has settled into Long Island, and you, President Cruz, are going to send the Feds to his house, take him out and put him on a plane back to Ireland?”

This exchange was telling: deporting Tommy O’Malley back to Cork is obviously much more troubling than deporting María Contreras back to Cancun. And why should that be? Let’s not kid ourselves, we all know the answer: Tommy is “white” and María isn’t.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-we-are-undocument...

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service