PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Have Society become too Politically Correct? Are we afraid of telling the truth even if it bothers someone else?

In regards to PC speech, I would like to know has to gotten to the point of where we are too PC in our behaviour and speech? By not being PC, many people are fired or imprisoned (in some countries) for their beliefs. The only thing that I draw the line at is making fun of legitimately disabled or mentally challenged people. That is wrong!

I feel that by being too PC that we are hurting ourselves and our future generation.

We must be able to tell our truth without fear of punishment. 

What do you think? 

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i agree with you, and um this kinda illustrates it nicely xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7LbjtvXm0M

I can see PC supporters viewing themselves as just being polite towards others feelings. That's well intentioned. Nothing wrong with self imposed political correctness. The problem begins when people take the next step and expect others to be equally PC. Basically restricting what others can think and express. I don't expect people to agree all the time so no worries. However it is the hatred that comes from some aimed at those not PC enough that is concerning. This opens the door to manipulation by those wishing to manipulate such strong emotions.

I pay property tax and I'd swear the people my money goes to(elected officials and bureaucrats) use it to create endless by-laws restricting what I can do. PC gets used in similar fashion. Those in authority, or with the ambition to be in authority, see PC as an excuse to impose intellectual by-laws on the citizens they rule, or want to rule. I do not think it wise to empower the least trustworthy people in our society in such a way. Unfortunately this is the very predictable path that PC shall travel down. Those who think PC is just being polite need to ask themselves if they are just being naive and idealistic, or if they are being disingenuous.

Regarding the comment that there is nothing about the Gay community to criticize: This is the perfect example of the genesis of PC. If there is nothing to criticize then people shouldn't do so. Shouldn't do soon becomes support for "shouldn't be allowed to do so". The fact is that I could criticize the Gay Community until the cows come home. How can it then be above criticism? Frankly, the only way to be above criticism is to be perfect and none of us are perfect. When you create groups, any groups, you bring together like minded people and all their imperfections. One should always expect criticism. The bigger the group, the bigger the target. it's all simply a matter of social interactions. Been going on for centuries. What's really naive is thinking something like PC will magically change human reality.

"We must be able to tell our truth without fear of punishment."

I hear that.

That'll never happen.

Your right about that,

While some people are complaining about being to politically correct, some people are complaining that we are becoming too tolerant. This is a country that went to war with Nazis in WW2 and now we're letting them March in Charlottesville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmW9As7aQgo

Let's call it the "merging of the cultures"

"This is a country that went to war with Nazis in WW2 and now we're letting them March in Charlottesville."

From your world view standpoint, "we" didn't go to war against Stalin. But Stalin had a hand in starting the nuclear arms race, using stolen technology from the west. Then the Chinese got hold of it, then the Pakistanis got hold of it, then the North Koreans, and next it will be the religious zealots of Iran, the accusers and adversaries of "The Great Satan"

We once considered the "old Soviet Union" to be an "Evil Empire", based on their deeds, rather than PC bullshit. We know Stalin killed a lot more Jews, and a lot more of other people than Hitler did. Stalin gobbled up all of the surrounding territories bordering the Russia.

We now have Russian billionaires buying up condos in New York, and Putin starting up proxy wars wherever he can find one.

We could outlaw Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese. Any members of Hirohito's fan club. We could even outlaw descendants of the 17th century British Monarchy, based on the American Revolution and the war of 1812, and all who supported them, We could outlaw the Spaniards because they invaded Meso America.

So, after you sober up from your little hangover, you have a problem with a handful of marching neo Nazi wanna bees?

Im not very pc, but dont go oot of ma way to be a shite tae folk.
There is being pc and there is saying what's on your mind and then there are the idiots like Donald Trump lol

lol

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service