PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Having spent the last two years travelling and being disconnected from most mod cons- the odd wifi connection, I have resumed everyday life, due to personal financial necessity. Travelling has been wonderful, tromping around Norway, Sweden and Finland. Home with a massive punch to the face!

Feeling conflicted-disenchanted and damn right mean-spirited, with getting back on my own treadmill, add a dash of culture shock and it has resulted in me lacking focus, enthusiasm and just plain being stuck in lethargy.

I guess my question here is, when you really can't focus, how do other people kick back and give themselves love, self care, peace and most importantly motivation?

All ideas, thoughts and tips appreciated.

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you a tattoo artist No Face? 

Nice work. 

Yes, I am an ink woman.

Thank you.

In answer you previous comment (unable to comment directly underneath?) No, yet sample the deep fried Mars bars, they sound deliciously un-nutritious! Will give them a bash next time one ventures south :)

You should give them a try, I'm sure they have your calorie count for the week but once in awhile. 

Love my tattoos, your a very good artist.

@No face

That looks cool.

To raise flagging spirits. :)

Mooji is cool!

Get off the internet, and read a book.  The most miserable people are the ones who spend the most time online.  People who hang out with rl friends tend to be happier than those constantly on the internet.  And getting into a good book and take your mind off all your problems.  Also, perhaps jog 30 mins everyday if you can.  Jogging for 30 mins creates endorphins in the brain.  But walking for 30 mins would also do. 

For me, unless I'm making a youtube video. I have no real interest in being online. I have friends to hang out with. and it's a lot more healthier. 

Umm. Been of the internet (minimal contact) the wheel, working life for two years, back packing around Europe, making new friends and in the company of present buds.

Returning to the normal hum drum, was the toughest problem, I became instantly swamped.

Agree with you, regarding exercise and getting those brain synapses firing.

Youtube- what ever floats your boat Fiona.
when people can't be bothered reading the op! LOL

Here is your problem:

Feeling conflicted-disenchanted and damn right mean-spirited, with getting back on my own treadmill, add a dash of culture shock and it has resulted in me lacking focus, enthusiasm and just plain being stuck in lethargy.

You are holding that view in your mind.  Don't forget that the universe gives you what you ask for.  The genie in the lamp says "You wish is my command" - and weather you realize it or not, thinking "I don't want to feel like X" means you are manifesting X!!!

Instead, meditate on what you do want to feel like.  Meditate and concentrate on the life you do want.  When a thought about how you think things "are" pops up - parry it with a thought of passionate and positive desire for what you do want.

When you were traveling, you were doing what you wanted. But somewhere along the way, you accepted the thought "I have lack.  I don't have resources to do what I want right now"  Unfortunately you then manifested that as the truth you are living now.

You create your universe No Face (and I am willing to bet you have a very pleasant face).  Do you still wish to travel? Or was there a challenge on your way that made you perhaps start to desire something else?  The dark night of the soul is the place we go to remember who we are.

I know of what I speak here, as I have been to this place on many an occasion. And every time I remember that it is I who determines where I walk, then I get up and start walking again to the place I do want to be. 

This is the essence of Magick! Make affirmation cards, put up pictures that remind you who you really are and what you really want. Perform rituals that bring this into laser sharp focus in your mind. State as fact, that you have right now, what it is you desire and you will once again be walking the path of Joy.

One last thought: This transformation is the essence of what the alchemists call "The Great Work" the knowledge and ability to turn the base things into precious things, lead into gold. You are the Great Work. Each of us is. 

Drinking a 12 pack of Guinness with a friend on a rainy Saturday and babbling non sense 

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service