PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

On this site and many other sites, there are discussions regarding Native Americans, Shamans, frauds, etc.

A Shaman (or the many other names applied to us) are individuals with many abilities - one of which is to travel the unseen.  We actually exist in the space in between the seen and the unseen, communicating and traveling between both for a variety of reasons.

Shamans (and the like) exist in every culture on this planet.  Traditionally, the Shaman was responsible for the entire community physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  This individual devoted their life to the community.  In return, the shaman was provided for in addition to caring for her/himself. 

Make no mistake, the role of shaman is a job.  An individuals entire life is devoted to this job. the idea of compensation for the job was quite different 10,000 years ago - in other words money did not exchange hands, but there was an exchange and that exchange is as important today as it was then.

I implore you, if you seek the services of a Shaman, Medicine Person etc., compensate that person for their services.  While indigenous peoples may not have a custom of billing for their services, they live a life with responsibilities and bills just like you.

As to the issue of the Native Americans:  There are those in the white community and in the native community that take advantage of people, defraud people.  It is a human issue not a cultural issue.

Those who are not native but seek out the native culture and spirituality do so for many reasons and quite often the individual has no idea why they are drawn to this culture.  Simply put, the Native Americans (the various tribes) were here for ten of thousands of years (and probably longer), this land and everything on this land is infused with their energy.  In addition, many of us of the white culture have lost our traditions and cultures since our ancestors first arrived here.  We are traditional and cultural orphans desperately seeking some connection.  Many have retained their traditions, others have not.  The disillusionment of religion has forced many out to seek other paths. While I can understand that natives feel their sacred ceremonies and rituals are being stolen, this is only truth for a few people, not the majority.

The pain suffered by the Native Americans is unimaginable for most of us.  Such suffering takes generations to heal.  For now, the wounds are fresh and being passed from generation to generation. 

As for me:  I am Shaman, I am Seer, I have lived this way for 47 years and while my experiences have for the most part been incredible and amazing, I have also experienced the other side.  I have risked my life in order to care for others suffering from horrors and I will continue to do so.  I do not wish this life on anyone else, but I wouldn't want to be anyone else.  I do not practice Native American ritual and ceremony.  My ceremony, ritual and knowledge comes from Spirit and my own Ancient memory.  It most resembles the Mongolian tradition of healing so if anyone asks, I say Mongolian/Siberian Shamanism.  I am white.  I did not have the benefit of teachers until I reached adulthood, so for thirty years, it was me and Spirit.  I have been attacked verbally by those of the native tradition.  While I can understand the reasons, I will not tolerate abuse.  I have never claimed to be native and correct those that assume I am.

And that is the crux of the issue:  People assume Shaman, Medicine Person and all the other titles refer to Native American spirituality.  The attacks occur based on that assumption.  The Native Americans (all the tribes) are essentially one culture. (yes I know each has its own traditions, ceremonies and rituals, but the average person does not know this so for this moment we say one culture).  There are so many others cultures on this planet.  Stop assuming that it is all about the Native Americans.  Have respect for each culture and yes I am speaking to the Native Americans here as well. 

For me, while I have met many, many wonderful Native American Medicine People and have been fortunate to experience ceremony led by these Medicine people, I have no further interest in your spirituality.  I have my own.  

to the New Agers: I'm old school and I have a hard time getting you people.  What with the end of the world scenarios, spiritual evolution, aliens etc - I have no idea what path you are on.  I suspect you are all good folks seeking connection, health and happiness.

As was said in another discussion, sex should not be part of the equation - sex is sacred - any leader or group that defiles the sacred nature of sex (for power and control in all instances) must be avoided.

This country, the United States, is a mix of peoples, cultures and traditions.  We are fortunate that we can share and experience all these cultures and traditions.  Charlatans abound.  It is a human issue.  There is no need to separate and keep secret the cultures and traditions - in the end we are all human, we are all spirit.

this is my rant - from the shaman side - the white shaman side - 47 years and counting of this life as a shaman

Views: 717

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so whats ur thought on losing the hunan form. And becoming formless
Yeah..No, absolutely not. Humans weren't even around when Pangea was a continent, not by a long shot... and even if we were, why would the Pangeans have spoken a Siberian tongue? The word Shaman was never universal and it was misapplied by anthropologists. If people want to remain in that ignorance, perhaps it suits them. People defend the use of gender pronouns according to desired identity but nobody seems to care that natives have said over and over that we do not refer to ourselves as such because it is both damaging to our cultures and the cultures of Tungus people. The term 'first nations' is understood here in context to refer to the first nations of the America's. You are equivocating and appropriating the term m trying to define us as something we aren't without a care for how we feel about it.

You are of the Fairy Tradition yes? What if i just call you a Twinkie regardless of that term having nothing to do with your tradition... because that's what you are being a, twinkie. it is a term natives use to describe people who claim to understand our ways when they haven't a clue. look it up.

Yeah , go talk to your top Tslagi medicine person...

Did I say we called the medicine people of the First Nations , Shaman / Shamen ?

No I did not...reread my post...you must have some twinkie in your eye , but

it is not me...

And yes , there were people around , when Pangaia was here , by whatever

name...that is what we call it now...or are you going to believe the same

anthropolologists , or scientists you take issue with in the first place ?

I teach the parts of the code , known by different Native Traditions , as

Spider Woman's Language , Copper Woman's Language , Changing Woman's

Language , and much more...I have spoken with elders of different tribes ,

smoked the pipe with the Tibetans and American Natives , during the healing

of Alcatraz , in the circle , and am of the Wolf Clan...of my people...

We have called the language many different things , as have others...

One language , many faces to the crystal...77 levels to each symbol of the

language , with one arrangement having columns of eight...

Thus why a Tslagi , created a language in what we call just yesterday ,

of 77 main symbols , and eight secondaries...using the mother language

to create one language...one more language on this planet...

And , as I sing the language , and drum with my twelve sided star drum ,

it is why I was invited to go to Siberia , and spend time going thru the

tunnel , or "payuurt - eel" , ( portal ) to the Otherside...

Where I had already seen Raven turn white , and the Sun turn black...

So , as I was nice until you were not...go wipe the twinkie out of your eye ,

and when you open your mouth to an elder again , open it with respect...

Now...shall we go back to being "civil" in the circle ?

Or would you rather act like a coyote who needs a tail tucked between his legs ?

Well Baltazaar we have practices like that. Shapeshifting is a theme in many native stories. people took on the form of their clan animal and in the Cherokee tales of Kana'ti, the hunter it is understood that he can take the form of a stag. now this is an animalistic theme, not exactly formless in that regard but these animals characterize ones medicine, the way they have about them are are guides and keys to much journey work and experiences were one isn't so tied down to form.

You might want to look into traditional European witchcraft and the working with the fetch as well as the taking on of an animal form and traveling through the stang. Good stuff, and resources are more readily available.

You are a fraud and a charlatan Shawn Blackwolf, you know absolutely nothing of the Tsalagi language or culture. You even continue to misspell Tsalagi in your post. There is no top Tsalagi medicine person, our culture is not so centralized. Most work independently and solitary, and not all are directly involved with the community at large. The clans come together around the fire but there is no one person who speaks four all of the clans. The clans are represented by clan mothers. You said that the word shaman goes back to Pangea which is laughably erroneous, and during so you tried to equivocate first nations with your own unsubstantiated stories of those of Pangea, in order to justify the use of the word shaman here so yes, you did. There are various kinds of anthropologists and historians, and I take issue with the ones who make assumptions about a culture while ignoring those from within said culture. I don't take issue with the results of carbon dating or claims that are completely objective and able to be substantiated without the need of cultural insight. For example, with carbon dating one can argue that there is a range with any such dating, that certain variables must be accounted for and that you can not use one single test as verification do to outlines within any process. All of these things though, can be used to oppose a previous finding because these points themselves can be verified as part of the process. You are equivocating my words this time by confusing what I have said about social sciences with hard objective science. Two observers may have the same physical evidence in front of them and read into that evidence in too completely different ways. An anthropologist often reads into it and says something like "well, this would indicate that they thought" but naturally their conclusion is based on how their culture influences their observance and common sense regarding the situation. The anthropologist is reading into their own symbolism and understanding. Would is a bad word to be used here, could is a much better one. As in "it could indicate" but you aren't really going to know without some understanding of how those symbols and words are understood within that culture. -and when that culture is still around and you are ignoring it, and being so entitled to tell them what their culture is thats... not cool

-and no, there were not people around during the time of Pangea. Show me evidence otherwise.
Anyone reading this can look into it themselves, but I'll go ahead and post some numbers for you:

"Pangea split apart about 200 million years ago. Homonids only evolved about 14 million year ago, and  Homo sapiens, or humans like us, only evolved around 400000 to 200000 years ago. We know all this to be true based on mountains of evidence: everything from geology to genetics to fossils to chemistry. As far as science is concerned, both plate tectonics (the knowledge that land masses move, and were once connected as Pangea) and evolution of life including humans are proven facts. "

As far as your other claims, what tribe does this code you speak of come from? What is the name of the code in that language? What do Tibetans have to do with Native American traditions? -and who are your people? what tribe?

What you describe certainly has no connection to the Cherokee language, or the creek. It sounds like it came out of a new age book claiming native ways so the author could make a buck.

Oh so now you have been invited to Siberia, but you dishonor those medicine people by calling non-shamans a shaman? Right, do you not get that's a title of their clergy. it is like calling someone a Catholic Bishop when they haven't been ordained.

and now you are using double talk to sound all mystical as if you have a clue what you are talking about, when you clearly do not.

You were being nice to try and win me over so I would play nice instead of calling you out for what you are doing. It doesn't work that way with me and i am not nice when people shit on my culture. it is a shame to, because you've had some pretty helpful posts to other users but now, I can't speak well of you.

Oh, and you are no elder, you are a con-artist.

You are young , and have gotten things through lineage ,

like a horse with blinders , and like a young boy attack

and react rather than speak with respect...

One who gets information through lineage , only gets a very

tiny part of the knowledge...as I was told many moons ago ,

I got it all at once...almost killed me from the experience...

You think you are the first young brave to challenge me ?

Hoo - Haa !

Now , what tribe ?

Well , you claim to be a Luciferian practitioner , as well

as a Native practitioner...or however you wish to term it...

I am sure you know some of the stories , regarding that

Tradition...we came long ago , and taught the people...

As far as your spurious claims of science...

Any real scientist , knows nothing is a fact...there is

no such thing...however , there is the best guess , by

empirical observation , and repeated experiments...

And they keep moving life , back on a time line...

So slowly , but they will get life was here before

the modern life forms we know as human today...

As far as the thirteen clan mothers...which was

the old way...yes , I am well aware...I know there

is no centralized , or top medicine person...

I was being sarcastic , because of your rudeness...

And that rudeness is often linked to a young angry person...

As I said , if you wish to be civil , I will be so...

Otherwise , I will tuck your tail for you...gladly...

I am sorry all native peoples from different lands ,

have been hurt , killed , cultures destroyed...

But I did not do so...

Do I care if you do not speak well of me ?

Not one spark from the lodge fire will

be wasted on that thought...

The same as your accusation of why I was "nice " to you...

That is only the way of an elder , compared to an angry young boy...

I do apologize for the misspelling of Tsalagi...

That was totally unintentional , as I am in a hospital currently , being

poked and prodded for days by western doctors...even magically charged

bodies can break down eventually...

Perhaps one day we shall sit , and I can share stories and knowledge with you...

Until then , you may think me a fraud , and I shall see you as a belligerent , very

disrespectful young coyote pup...

So Be It !

It is a good day to die !

You are completely and utterly full of yourself. You deserve nor command any respect from me and your logically fallacy of citing age as validation for your argument, it it can indeed be called that is the reaction of cowardice, knowing that you cant' substantiate anything you say.

Only gets a tiny piece of information through lineage as opposed to what exactly, being an outsider and spewing verbal diarrhea out of your mouth? If you don't have any connection to any of it why act as if you do? Did they also tell you many moons ago to seek help? The fact of the matter is you don't know what lineage I do or don't have, and the only way people are going to know whether either of us is full of it is by what we can show we know and how we act. I have not brought up anything about lineage, and i don't like to because people put you on a pedastool, treating you differently instead of thinking for themselves..

You haven't shown you know a damn thing or even how initiation, or otherwise such an experience works. You are delusional, thinking you are better than everyone else when you clearly haven't done the work. You don't just get a vision and suddenly know everything... no, you still don't understand it completely... your vision isn't clear when you first start to wake up from a deep sleep. practitioners, and I mean real practitioners often spend the rest of their lives trying to understand what was shown to them. Understanding emerges as they emerge upon their path... That lightning strike ignites a fire in them and they continually go back and seek to understand it. They do not act as you act because they know better.

No, you haven't answer the question. Yes, which tribe.
I am waiting.

looking me up are you? I believe my profile said that I am familiar with Luciferian witchcraft, yes though it never said those practices are one in the same. I have worked with others in a number of traditions, that don't always have anything to do with one another. Your stretching to discredit me but have no idea what it is i actually do. I'll do the Star Ruby from time to time, so what, natives can't be involved with Thelema? That doesn't mean that they are the same or shouldn't have their own respected space. Nor does it mean that when working with Thelemites or Luciferians that I expose them to native conjure.  It is absurd if you have come to that conclusion.

Now that said philosophically i am pretty Luciferian and Cherokee medicine, being very much about the fire from heaven does fit nicely with those themes which are of course going to be controversial as most Cherokee are Baptist now.

What tradition? You are daydreaming again, get back here.

Well you call be rude but again you are showing your ignorance in your continued misrepresentation of my culture. There aren't 13 clan mothers, there are seven because we have seven clans. other tribes have a different number of clans. We aren't all the same and you claiming we are by your monolithic claims of tradition are preposterous. Stories differ from clan to clan, family to family and here you are thinking you know it all with your narrative.

Yeah the use of carbon-dating is totally a spurious claim. it doesn't matter how you slice that one either you cant come up with a plausable interpretation of the evidence that makes the human race old enough to have inhabited Pangea. so you can call it spurious but until you put something of your own forward to be evaluated by your peers you have no sort of objective claim.

No, facts are objective and are recognized by scientist. They are not suumed however and are to be consistently questioned to make sure they are still viable according to our understanding of our world. Now this is confusing because you might say that means it never was a fact... and that's not exactly how it works either. Within newtonian physics something is a fact, within some other model something is a fact... because the truth is any datapoint is measured by every other relative point so the factual state of something involves the variables affecting it. Pure water isn't going to be ice unless a certain temperature is in play.

So to be fair, you find new data that shows may have been possible for humans to have inhabited Pangea, but you don't have that. Not only do you not have that, the odds against you are pretty bad. it is a virtual impossibility. To change that reality you would have to superimpose another model, or layer to manipulate what is already observable. at which point you have to ask if that thing has any affect on our reality that isn't negligible as far For example you can do all kinds of things with quantum mechanics but then you are talking about a level of reality with very special conditions in comparison to our day to day life... in order to pull the rabbit out of the hat as you are you have to warp reality. That's what you have to do to get humans at Pangea... put them though a wormhole via quantum tunneling because they aren't supposed to be there. If they are there, the universe breaks.... without any rectification through the atemporal.

Essentially you are special pleading. Common sense and science doesn't apply to your timeline why? But I suppose next you are going to talk about stargates.

Life back on the timeline sure, not homo-sapiens or any primate capable of having culture, not that far back. we aren't talking about moving the emergence of the human race back a few thousand or even a hundred thousand years...  We adjust within a certain range, the more you are talking about a specific region of time the greater discrepancy you will have to deal with. Clocks are have gotten more accurate but we are talking the measurement of fractions of a second not millennia.

Could of been doesn't cut it, it isn't within the realm of probability as it stands. You hold onto the notion that what you say is true so strongly and you will lose touch with objective reality as i suspect you already have.

Well i have a reason to be angry, you are just a jerk..

You have not been civil, and worse you mislead people who are genuinely seeking for answers. You try to tuck it and see what happens.

Really? Now you are pandering more-so to the catchphrase of the angry indian?

Fair enough if you don't care what i think about you because the only thing that matters is what you think of you providing you are being brutally honest with yourself because you are the only one who can change your behavior... but you may want to consider your reputation because i have it on good authority that you have been banned on many a forum for several reasons and are not generally considered an honorable person. i wont repeat specifics here because that would be gossip on my part, but you might want to be more aware of how you present yourself. 

An elder does not have to cite their age to be respected. They carry respect, it is who they are. Again, you are no elder.

And again you are an insulting young man...

Look up Raising Blue Fire and Ritual on here...

Perhaps you might learn something...

As far as Luciferian Witchcraft , I am speaking

of teachings of Stregha , or the Yezidi traditions...

And the stories of the Watchers , or Fallen Angels ,

or as some have called them , Faery...

Scientific laws ?

Normal physics laws break down in the subatomic realm...

What we know as the laws of magic(k) , or quantum physics...

Many a forum banned ?

Nah , just Mysticwicks , and Earthsong...

After I taught a course on Mysticwicks ,

and many left when I was banned...

Earthsong had crazy politics behind the scenes...

I was made an administrator , then was banned

for defending someone criticizing Christianity , and

persecution of peoples...

As for substantiation of what I say...

In all the multi thousand long posts on many websites...

That is all the substantiation , I can offer online...

information shared , helping , not misleading...

Though you are welcome to believe otherwise...

We all are , about each other...

Finally , the age card , and my having no problem stating

I am an elder of my Tradition...

I am 62 , you are 26...I thought that quite funny , as

a polarity...and yes there is an old saying :

"Young Men Think Old Men Are Foolish ,

Old Men Know Young Men Are Foolish"

I have no problem , thinking or saying that ,

when it applies...as it did here...

There are many who respect me , come to me for

help and information , and see the way I carry

myself through life...

I do not have to follow your rules , or ways ,

regarding stating so...you do not deserve my respect ,

until you make changes in your attitude...

I have been unfolding the medicine bundle , as a

Seminole - Colusa said to me , when we spoke in 2000 ,

for 23 years , after many years of my own study...

He was the one who brought up star portals , not me...

Though we spoke about it after...he was a pleasant man...

He was also the one who stated what I said about getting

info through lineage , or direct connection to the Spirit World ,

where there is no time , and all information can be accessed

by the code...

And no , I have no reason to even think all Native people are angry...

Never have I experienced , or thought that...

You , on the other hand , have shown yourself to be...

You accuse , accuse , accuse...and I can feel your anger ,

and pity you , and laugh , because a good belly laugh breaks

negative energy fields...

I am now done with you...I tried...go your way in peace...

P.S. Just to address the 13 Grandmothers ,

or Clan Mothers...Never did I say *your*

tradition had that...I said the *original*

Tradition had that...which meant the one

I was referring to...this is part of your

situational anger...you leap on everything

said , as though it is all about just you ,

and your Tradition...not a much , much

larger picture...this too shall pass...

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service