PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

I've been trying to find a list of all incense and what they mean (what I should burn them for) but I've been having trouble with that. If anyone could help me or send be in the right direction that would be very appreciated.

Views: 10864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thank you very much :)
You could always message me them :) but if not its okay
Scents and aromas are essential to the philosophy of appeasing the gods, and lifting prayers and supplications to them. As far as what scents appeal to you personally, it is a psychological tool to accomplish the same intent. There are many books and sources on incense and their uses; try several (never settle on one source). In Love and Trust.
thank you
The craft warns that if the top of the smoke divides in two it indicates madness. Be forewarned.

The following suggestions may guide you through particular usages:

Cleansing: Cedar, Clove, Dragon's Blood, Elmi, Frankincense, Gold Copal, Hyssop, Iris, Juniper, Laurel, Lavendar, Pine, Rosemary (I use this herb for EVERYTHING just about lol), Sage, Sweet Grass, White Sage.

Creativity: Benzoin, Cassia, Clove, Dream Herb, Elemi, Frankincense, Gold Copal, Hops, Juniper, Mastic, Star Anise, sweet grass.

Dreams: Aloeswood, Dream Herb, Hops, Laurel, Mastic, Mugwort, Sage.

Meditation and Prayer: Aloe, Aloeswood, Benzoin, Black Copal, Cedar, Dammar, Dragon's Blood, Elemi, Frankincense, Galbanum, Juniper, Laurel, Mastic, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Sandarac, Spikenard, Storax, Balsam.

Relaxation: Aloe, Aloewood, Amber, Anise, Benzoin, Black Copal, Cinnamon, Galbanum, Gold Copal, Marjoram, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Storax Balsam, Sweet Grass, Vetiver.

Sensuality. Balsam, Benzoin, Black Copal, Cassia, Clove, Iris, Musk seeds, Myrrh, Patchouli, Propolis, Rose, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Vanilla, Vetiver.

Sleep. Aloe, Amber, Cinnamon, Dream Herb, Galbanum, Myrrh Saffron, Sandalwood, Spikenard.

Strengthening. Amber, Calamus, Cedar, Clove, Dragon's Blood, Elemi, Frankincense, Galangal, Iris, Juniper, Laurel, Lavendar, Mugwort, Pine, Rose, Rhododendron, Star Anise, Sweet Grass, Tyhme.
thank you. this is very helpful
hmm.. I wonder what Nag Champa is good for. I burn it daily and my apartment is permeated with it's scent. You can literally smell it down the hall, haha.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the smoke of my incense always divides in two... it's usually a thin strand of smoke that slowly opens into a 'net' shape that then divides into two. I must be mad.

We're all mad here.
Modread, I believe indians would burn nag champa while making prayers during ceremonies.

Usually my incense just blows up and billows...when it does divide into two I take head. Also, on Samhain I do a similar incense divination where i study the smoke. For one, if the smoke rises I take this as a good sign for the coming year. If however it falls to the ground i can expect the year to be tougher then usual.
I'm mad too then....I burn it almost daily. LOL Love it's fragrance....
thank you!!
I will look into it. thank you
Thanks for all of the cool info- I'm glad you brought it up-Thanks for opening up the subject<~Da'Pixie~>

RSS

© 2014 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service