PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Hey all,

I haven't been on in a while, but today I was thinking I'd like to see the pagan name anagrams that Nephele did up for me last year. I can't seem to find the post anywhere, did it get deleted? Is Nephele still around?

Thank you!

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I'm glad to know what went down. It sucks that this kind of thing happens, but that is the nature of the beast, especially on a site full of people who are already perhaps a little resistant to the idea of being restricted in expressing their beliefs.

On a personal level, I have pretty bad anxiety, so I try to avoid political discussions, but I know that a lot of people are very passionate about politics and feel compelled to engage. I don't begrudge them their discussions - I just also have zero desire to involve myself and I skip those posts entirely. I understand how it could be exhausting for someone who feels constantly confronted with political arguments, especially if they pop up in discussions that aren't directly tied into politics.

I'm not sure about the state of moderation here. Do they stop political tangents that show up in threads that they don't belong in? When I click on a thread about, say, connecting to the earth through eating salad, I do not want to end up reading a heated debate about neo-nazis. I suppose it gets more nuanced than that, for example if people start talking about the economics of farming and the effect on the planet and so on, so I imagine it must be difficult sometimes to tell at what point a moderator should actually step in.

Do they stop political tangents that show up in threads that they don't belong in?

This is my point, really. I'd love to say that they don't, but look through the forum and draw your own conclusion. They didn't stop me, in the past, from trolling off-topic because I couldn't stand someone, so there's that; I don't behave that way anymore though :3

I will do that, haha. Thanks for your input! And I reckon there's a difference between a bit of trolling and going out of your way to shoehorn a political argument in. :)

Oh, yeah, I remember those days.  I just ended up posting whatever I wanted and ignoring comments from certain individuals who trolled me a lot.  Paganspace does say, "Last Reply by X." 

I would just go, "Oh, it's the person who trolls me a lot. I'm going to go watch a movie, instead."   In the end, I never actually read any of that.  I ended up being blissfully ignorant to what was being said or what was going on. 

Also, I ended up taking pleasure of people wasting their time on me with comments that I didn't even bother to read.  

(Normally, I do try to actually read all the comments, but if comments are just going to be trolling me. What's the point? I got better things to do with my time.) 

Also, I ended up taking pleasure of people wasting their time on me with comments that I didn't even bother to read.  

Perhaps for some there might exist at times something of an expectation that the person for which a comment may otherwise appear intended, might not end up reading it.

Energy resonance of psychometric imprint tends to maintain its ambient background effect regardless whether any individual bothers to read a single character of any post. 

Indeed...it might even be presumptuous to think these things are written from the intent of a desperate, clinging hope that others might read them...and 'grace' one with the validation of attention spared. 

That said...if one derives 'pleasure' as it were from the whole matter, in whatever form that so take, then all the better for all involved. Everyone getting their 'cut' as it were, with regard dividends yielded by the forum experience, is to be welcomed. 

I just logged in for the first time in months to see if Nephele could help me with an anagram.  Seems I missed a lot of action here, too.

I have nothing but support for Nephele. She's smart, kind, conscious, and I've never known her to slight someone at all, let a lone, for no reason. 

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service