PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

The Fall Equinox is coming in the next few days. What are your plans for this year's Mabon?

Here are a few recipes of my personal favorite...

Mabon Stew (also titled: Autumn Harvest Stew)

Ingredients:

1 tbs vegetable oil or olive oil

1 1/2 pounds stewing beef

1/2 c. chopped onions

1/2 c. sliced celery

3 c. beef broth

1 tbs Bear Creek Beef broth paste

2 carrots or 1/2 cup baby carrots

1 medium parsnip chopped

2 medium potatoes or eight baby red potatoes

1/2 cup baby lima beans

1 c. apple juice

1/2 c. frozen corn kernels

1 c. frozen, but thawed small white pearl onions

salt, pepper to taste

1 tbs dried rosemary

1 tbs dried tyme

1 dash garlic salt

2 tbs flour

2 tbs cold water

Preparation:

In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heath, brown the beef in the vegetable oil, once half way cooked spoon in 1 tbs of Bear Creek Beef Broth paste and stir until all desolved. Add dash of rosemary, tyme and garlic salt while it simmers. Add chopped onions and celery, saute for 3 to 5 minutes longer. If you have a crock pot, pour in cooked meat, turn pot onto low let simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add carrots, parsnip, potatoes, lima beans, and apple juice; add extra dash of same herbs as desired, let simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Add drained onions and corn; continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.

Feel free to add chunks of rutabaga or turnip along with potatoes or add chunks of sweet potato about 15 minutes before the stew is done.

In small bowl or cup, combine flour with cold water until smooth. Add the mixture to the simmering broth, a little at a time until stew is thickened.

Serve with hot buttered biscuits or cornmeal.

Serves 4 to 6

Italian Flat Bread

Ingrediants:

3 c. flour

1 envelope active dry yeast

2 tsp sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 c. olive oil

1 c. very warm water (120'F to 130'F)

3 tbs parmesan cheese

Preparation:

Mix one cup of the flour with the yeast, sugar, and salt in a medium sized bowl; add the olive oil and water. Beat with mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping the bowl frequently. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Stir in remaining flour until the dough is easy to handle.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 7 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once. Let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.

Preheat oven to 425' F. Punch down dough and divide into the number of individual flat breads you desire. From each portion into a ball; let rest 5 minutes. Roll each ball 1/2 inch thick. Place on greased cookie sheet, cover and let rise for 15 minutes. Prick the surface with a fork, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown, about 13 minutes.

Yields about 6 flat breads

Blessing to all this fine Mabon holiday.

~Tara

Tags: equinox, fall, food, holiday, mabon, recipes

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had no idea there were vineyards in New York...

The easiest cobbler you will ever make:

Must have iron dutch oven, preferably with a lid

1 box of vanilla, white, or yellow cake mix

2 cans of your favorite fruit pie (cans of cherry pie filling, blueberry pie filling, strawberry pie filling)

1 stick of butter

aluminum foil

line the bottom of the iron dutch oven with aluminum foil

pour in both cans of pie filling

pour the entire box of cake mix on top

slice butter and use the whole stick covering as much of the top of the cake mix as you can

put the top on the dutch oven

Choices:

You can  put this in your oven in the kitchen for about half an hour 

OR, you can put this in hot coals while you are camping, cover the top of the dutch oven with coals, too.  Leave it for about 20-25 minutes, then treat the campers

Very nice!

Zucchini Bread

3 cups of flour

1 cup of white sugar

1 cup of brown sugar

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tbsp cinnamin

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 pinch of cloves

3 eggs

1 cup of applesauce

3 tsp vanilla

2 cups of grated zucchini

1/2 of a stick of butter

Bake in two 4x8 inch pans at 325 degrees F for 45-55 minutes.

Just ate some and it is tasty. It comes out of the pan well, too. I just use a little pam.

Mabon is my birthday! one of my fav easy recipe's is roasted root veggies. I cut up turnips, Carrots, Potatoes, Yams, Parsnips and celeriac then toss them in olive oil and seasoned salt. I roast them in a 375* oven for about 45 mins or so. Delish!

Happy birthday!  I was thinking of roasting some root veggies this weekend.  : )

RSS

Find Us:

Iphone Coming Soon!

© 2014 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service