PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Semantics, a navigation of the ever twisting river of words; turned out with evolved understanding.

Languages depend upon actual meaning to reach that fine and wonderful stylistic way in which we conjure the things we desire.

From the mundane to spectral.

How do we negotiate understanding intention when ''words" are presented with an alternate nuance?

Things like "social justice", this combining of words; it changes both words to mean something entirely different - and different again to different people.

I come to understand "social justice" as meaning a type of mob rule. It's neither social, and it has nothing to do with justice. Redistribution of resources and privately held aggregate tokens of wealth - that's what I've come to understand.

Unfortunately not everyone see the combined words the same way.

How can people engage in fruitful conversation when they are polarized in understanding the language they speak?

How can a magick maker enchant to success if they don't have the same concept of what they express as the power source they seek out to bring forth that which they desire?

I see chaos in this - which isn't necessarily bad or good, depending on your personal filters and slant on things, it is confusing as heck though - for me.

The semantics of hyphenated words to create new mind paradigms is fascinating, even a tiche scary.

I think of the words joined, "constant change" - and once that was brokered to the world what a vortex we entered!

Do you see the effect of change in meaning for words in your Pagan day to day life?

Has it helped, hindered, or made no difference?

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Following the videos and vines I see that a philosophy professor is being hounded by the Autistic Leaf boys on 4chan.

They invented their own facial recognition system to identify him - he is, apparently, the fellow who cracks people with the bicycle U lock.

The M-80 firecracker lobbing and the bottle throwing brigades are disturbing.

Most disturbing of all are the threads where antifa members and those opposed to them discuss bring firearms to the 27th April appearance of Anne Coulter at Berkeley.

That's seriously fucked up!

I have a tough time understanding how these people are being manipulated to act in violent concert.

They're word enemies - neither group appears to understand that the source of their frustrations stem from class disintegration - the collapsing middle class.

No revolution succeeds until the people who rise up are starving, morbidly outraged, or both.

There should never be a revolution in America again.

IOT is something that is global. Do any of you understand. Not a word just Three letters.

"How do we negotiate understanding intention when ''words" are presented with an alternate nuance?"

Yes, social media is flooded with rhetoric. In order for communication to take places, you have actually understand the views of opposing sides.

"How can people engage in fruitful conversation when they are polarized in understanding the language they speak?"

Sometimes, you just have recognize that you're talking to a fool and walk away.

"How can a magick maker enchant to success if they don't have the same concept of what they express as the power source they seek out to bring forth that which they desire?"

One could cast a spell to make themselves a better communicator of their positions. However, they'd also need to cast a spell to make themselves a better listener.

Do you see the effect of change in meaning for words in your Pagan day to day life?

I see subtleties.

Has it helped, hindered, or made no difference?

Well, when told I'm going to Hell and reply, "I'll give her a big kiss when I see her", there is some confusion.

How can people engage in fruitful conversation when they are polarized in understanding the language they speak?

They can do it by becoming desperate enough to resort to rational meaningful discussion in an attempt to communicate and compromise and actually accomplish things, leaving out emotional jargon.

People who spin expressions like tree hugger, SJW, feminist in a negative fashion do so in an attempt to insult others.  People who do that are not people who can be relied on to be rational and reasonable.

Agreed.  The term "white genocide" is my favorite.  It's used by some white people to express their fear and conviction that they are in mortal danger of extinction due to becoming outnumbered by brown people. 

Firstly, the so-called victims of "white genocide" may not be as white as they're proud to believe they are (not that any of that matters).  And secondly, they really don't know what genocide actually is.

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service