PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

So, this is sort of a rant, but I wanted to ask others how they feel.

I frequently find myself navigating the web or meeting new pagans and I run into this issue. People are always trying to pitch their custom oil blends, candles, homemade incense, craft jewelry, etc. Or I find someone posting rituals where all their components are embedded with a link to their store or they punctuate the end of a conversation with how their personal brand will enhance my sabbat. 

I like to know there are sources for supplies I might want sometime. I get it and I wish for your personal success. It's just off putting to me.

It's much like I'm talking to someone from Green Peace. I am interested in everything you're saying, but I'm not giving you money.

I might be in grumpy old man mode, but I don't like being soft sold during a spiritual conversation. What do you think?

This is what set me off. (jump to 4:17 if you don't want to watch the whole vidoe).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__wNn-CwTY

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like how your rant ends with a link to a youtube video.

Was it helpful or annoying? I was hoping to illustrate, but I could see that being a post choice I didn't think about. 

It was just funny.

I appreciate all the comments. I'll try to be mindful that my next post is more insightful and less grouch.

^-^

Such a wonderful vid...I felt such a sense of relief listening to her, she's a talented speaker and I'd hope to hear more of her. Blessings!

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service