PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

I asked a old member , and she told me "Facebook Happened"...

What is this with Facebook , and Twitter ?

I have never been on Facebook , or Twitter , thank the Gods ,

Goddesses , Faery , or whoever lines up to be thanked...

Never had a cell phone , and have no desire for one...

Never instant messaged...

Sheesh , a computer is bad enough...here I am...:)

No car , I live on a river with wildlife ( non human , mostly )

around me...

Where did the pagans go ?

Come out , come out , wherever you are...

I shall perform a ritual of necromancy to bring this site back to life ,

even if I must draw my old nemesis Nick...or Nios , as I believe he

is now called...

Have you all fallen under Zuck's spell ?

Zuck a Duck , return and be counted...

Post and be embraced...

Break the chains which you have allowed to be your yoke , and destiny !

Arise, from the graveyard of mind zombification , and call all your friends !

We shall overcome !

Well...are you brave enough ?

Or has the Zuck and the Tweeting muddled the brains ?

Let's get some real discussions going again...

Are you with me ?

Views: 2786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh no, Shawn it wasn't people like you. They acted different. It was more like...

Person: Leylines exist

Me: According to science they do not. *posts link/source* [respectful reply]

Person: You're mean and rude. You're bad, and a bitch.

Me: But on the original leyline post can you verify using science why I should believe it?

Person: Go to hell. I can believe whatever I wish. What I say is a fact no matter what, it needs no science to be a fact! You're persecuting me. Christian apologist!

...I wish I was making that up. The group I was in and me wouldn't insult people for believing in anything, but we would get backlash for just being into science and not believing what they said if it was not backed in empirical evidence. Many people had the attitude that we had to believe or agree to believe what they said, with zero proof, or else we were intolerant and mean. It's pretty much the same behavior you see in Christianity and Islam.

I don't care if you worship a giant bunny named "Allah", but don't for a second try to tell me I have to believe in it with zero evidence just so you can exist under the fantasy of "tolerance". (Tolerance =/= liking it) This is what we had a problem with.

Understood...

If someone does not want to believe as I do , or have had

my own "evidence" for , even as my *sensorium and personal

experience" , or my own investigations into the mysteries of the

physical or non physical worlds , great , and more power to them on the path...;)

But I experienced and experience just the opposite...

For instance I am now posting on O.F. , and there are those

who call others stupid , if they believe anything *but* empirical data , and continually pull academic papers and quotes out of their ass to back themselves up...

To me , this is the same as someone pulling a bible , or some

other "sacred text" out of their back pocket , and quoting me scripture...

If someone wants to believe empirical data , and worship it , fine...I will fight for their right to do so...but I shall not let

them try to force it down my throat , nor call me stupid for

not agreeing , or outright disbelieving their conclusions...

I purposefully refused to go to college , and I more than had

the opportunity...I did not want to be brainwashed , especially

into some Greek ideal , system , or methods...;)

Exactly, Shawn. You don't care for science and it's perfectly understandable. I got my own beliefs, but I know some are not "factual". However, I try not to force others to believe exactly as I do.

I would but the old one actually got deleted due to inactivity. That wasn't a problem before, but it is now.

Just a heads up groups do not get deleted for inactivity. I have cleaned up dead groups that had no content, activity or members - But TBH I can't even remember the last time I deleted a group unless it violated policy - or if I get a take down notice on content but when that happens the content gets removed not the entire group. So, anyway just thought I'd pop in here and clear that up.

Good to see you Starr !

A rare event these days...hope you are well ,

and best to you and yours !

Thanks for making that clear for all here...:)

Yes, it did. Starr specifically said that to me when I asked where it went. Maybe she changed policy. But a number of my groups got deleted, none of them violated TOS.

Just a heads up groups do not get deleted for inactivity. I have cleaned up dead groups that had no content, activity or members - But TBH I can't even remember the last time I deleted a group unless it violated policy - or if I get a take down notice on content but when that happens the content gets removed not the entire group. So, anyway just thought I'd pop in here and clear that up.

It was a dead group. Most of the members left and I had been busy with work. But that is pretty much the same as "inactivity" in different words. It doesn't matter if it's gone or not, it was years ago anyway.

>If I wanted to be told what to think, I'd go to church....B

My thoughts exactly.

If I didn't have to work so much I could be more of a smartass. Woad is me.

Haha I remember you.

"Haha I remember you."

I do not think so. This is only my second post.

RSS

Find Us:

Wiccan Supplies

Iphone Coming Soon!

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service