PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Transcript in PDF

Before the debate: 41% FOR 25% AGAINST 34% UNDECIDED After the debate: 36% FOR 55% AGAINST 9% UNDECIDED

Views: 5855

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When was this? Mohammed himself participated in the genocidal beheadings of hundreds of Jews. The Koran clearly advocates endless war against infidels. The Islamic social system has always been expansionist, totalitarian, misogynist and intolerant. The period of intellectual flourishing which occurred in Baghdad, Spain, Sicily, etc., was brief, and was the result of knowledge which came from Hindus, Romans, Greeks, Persians, etc., all in the possession of Moslems because they'd conquered those people! The nature of Islam is to suppress culture and of course freedom, and so open intellectualism was DOOMED in the Islamic world, from the start. And sure enough, it was stifled, and has not recovered even after many centuries. Christianity once it was the official Roman cult was also used as a means of social control to viciously stifle intellectualism. But somehow Christendom overcame this tendency, resulting in Renaissance, Enlightenment, etc. Islam was never a religion of peace. Nor was Christianity when it was the official imperial cult.

The interpretation is handled in the first few pages.  It was never meant to be a literal death, literal killing or literal genocide.   Early Islam was an esoteric practice. 

While issues of politics and violence are discussed within its pages, this was merely a guide for making your own choices.  Especially if you want to be happy and live a prosperous life.

That said, the apprehension by militant groups has given rise for reasons to discern it from Orthodox Islam.  This is why 'Radical Islam' is being used in politics.

The billions of non-violent Muslims that just live their lives, should be proof enough.  Even those living under a country with Sharia Law.

Yes, I think with religious fundamentalism though, some religions are more intolerant than others. (Christianity as you have proposed, is definitely more intolerant than some others.) There is definitely violent Buddhists in the world, for example, but Buddhism itself practices ahimsa at it's core and it specified in texts. Similarly, there are other religions that espouse or don't espouse violence and I don't mind critically examining that.

Yeah, Mother Theresa was terrible and so was Ghandi, come to find out. They just have really good PR. India is at guilt with this too, Ghandi spouted some of them most racist and hateful rhetoric, but India does not want you to see THAT.

Anyway, I've really missed you on this forum, Xoc – and I say that with no irony intended, whatsoever.  You've always been an interesting individual, and discussions with you are stimulating.  I'm glad you're back.

Thanks. I missed being in a place where I can debate and discuss controversial topics without fear of being banned. (I am on one pagan forum that bans all that, it's nice for a little while, but my heart can only take so much.)

I started a pagany blog thingy, and I have put up some controversial topics on there but it's new. So, there is not a lot of people. 

I am glad to see some old people like yourself too, because you always also bring in good intellectual discussions. I don't know of any pagan forum like that. Either they're too judgmental or too fluffy.

I don't think that one set of opinions should be guiding this discussion. There are some 'old people' that play know-it-all and know jack shit.

All Religions that do not recognize the One Law, will inevitably end up killing lots of people in the name of their particular "God".

Here is my quote that I like to use: I have seen variants of it elsewhere (and possibly even here on PaganSpace)

I do not bow or bend my knee to my gods. Instead, I open my arms, embracing them.

I do not beg them to do things for me, instead asking to be empowered and to teach me, so that I might achieve them for myself.

Basically the One Law recognizes the absolute right of a consciousness to exist: "I have the right to live my life as I well please as long as I never abrogate the right of anyone else to the same."

Period.

All Abrahamic Religions reject the One Law, and are therefore prone to wreak death and destruction.  Islam is doing what Christianity did 1000 years ago.  The only problem is that the weapons of a thousand years ago were not as potent as they are today.

And lets now try to say that "Rhetoric is equivalent to Action" - I may say various things and those things may eventually cause actions to be taken that are horrendous, but it is the actual actors who do the deeds.  How much responsibility do the those who speak have verses those who do things....like chopping off heads?

I'm so glad that PaganSpace has allowed itself to become dominated by Islamic Proselytizing.   Is this what we read PaganSpace for?   Is this what PaganSpace is for? 

Nobody here has tried to convert you. Jesus Christ.

Is this what PaganSpace is for? 

If you look at the header it reads"PaganSpace.net All beliefs are welcome."

Now aside from that I find discussion of this manner healthy.No one has tried to proselytize.Even if they did you could simply ignore the tread and go on with life.

All beliefs are not welcome. If you're anti-racist, you will be attacked by the regs, who will then be backed up by the Mod, lol...

Don't be deceived. This is just another online social clique full of people with no lives who bloat their egos by prancing about all puffed-up online, name-calling and chortling with their friends.

This is why this site as is so common has few adherents and few participants.

Dilettantes! Hypocrites!

Don't expect much. They even defend racist Asatru Nazis, including those who came to my town to commit mayhem!

¡Canalla!
¡Suciedad!

"Beliefs" in this case are instituted by the owner as an all-inclusive, in other words.  A website that does not deny Christians or any other belief system for that matter.  That said, you're not fooling the readership here.  An appeal to authority won't make your case either because clearly, the site has a Terms of Service and Rules of Engagement.

It's not that a person will be 'attacked' for having a dissenting opinion, it's that users like you attempt to say that they were 'attacked' by having a different opinion.  So long as you stay within the Terms of Service, there is nothing to address.  If by 'Back up by a Mod' is meant to convey, bias.  Weak.  It's clearly with regard to the Terms of Service, and you have been issued a formal warning.

"simply ignore the t"h"read and go on with life."

No, no,no...:
1. Use internet
2. Voluntarily surf here
3. Get butthurt
4.Contact admin.
5. Get butthurt form
6. Cry in vicious pain as thou dost recount thine own butthurtedness
7. Take time to use electronic correspondence once again
8. Wait patiently as other people pretend to give a shit
9. Delete your free account here
10. bitch and moan how this is the only place to go online
11. Create catfishing accounts
12. Go Catfishing
13. Bitch when others use your speech patterns to determine your identity
14. If butthurtedness still has not subsided repeat starting at step 1

I don't think it's Proselytizing to have a discussion and maintain one's position. It just means that person has a strong conviction and can't be swayed by feelings.

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service