PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

Transcript in PDF

Before the debate: 41% FOR 25% AGAINST 34% UNDECIDED After the debate: 36% FOR 55% AGAINST 9% UNDECIDED

Views: 5753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would classify as a progressive and I'm sure I know more about geo-politics and history than does your reactionary arse.

Christians committed genocide far more recently than 1000 years ago. Does Wounded Knee ring a bell? Or how about the nearly 250,000 Mayans tortured and killed with funding from the Reagan Administration to the Guatemalan govt. under the rulership of the fundamentalist Christian Gen. Efraín Ríos Montt? 1980's... 30 years ago.

And then there are the millions of Christians who voted for an overtly racist Orange Hitler in November... and would their support wane if he started up some massive killing? Nope... as long as the victims aren't white.

I really think Islam needs reformation and I also want to change my vote and say it's not a religion of peace.

No change in my vote, but it's always good to see in 20/20 hindsight. I can't think of any religion, outside of Buddhism, that expounds some degree of duality, even in it's utmost extreme's, past present, and I predict, in the future. Not that duality is a bad idea by any means, it's just the way the world has always functioned, and there is nothing of human intervention, outside of any individual discipline, or "peace through strength" that could ever change that. In fact, there seems to be more of a slippage into chaos, in spite of all the moral meandering that is supposed to come with enhanced civilization and so called moral education 

So, in effect, to pour cold water on the entire subject, there are no religions of peace, just religions that wallow in their own brand of duality and hypocrisy. To truly understand what a hypocrite is, you need to be one. You need to be "religious"

In my other post I was talking about Buddhism, there is definitely violence there. But examining the texts you see the concept of ahimsa (non-violence) is present, so the religion as a how espouses ideas of peace. Abrahamic religion in general, has garnered criticism because the ideas presented in it's sacred texts are anything but ahimsa. Particularly, the OT, but also the Quran. (OT usually being considered the most brutal.)

Anytime a major organized religion goes mainstream it suffers from extremism. However, I do think there's a huge difference between questionable texts that incite violence in said religions, and ones that actually preach the opposite.

there are no religions of peace

Jainism.

An extreme Jain won't even eat the roots of plants because it kills them. 

That might be a sure sign of mental illness, wonder what they could eat without killing something, milk the cow, or, do you think they wait for it to die first?

Cows are revered in India, so they probably don't do anything. They're vegans.

But you still have to "kill" black eyed peas before you eat them, or you end up killing them in the process?

"there are no religions of peace"

"Jainism."

Here's how you transform "Jain" from a so called religion of peace, into a religion of chaos:

Let's say the "Jain" are amidst a malaria epidemic, and you need to start eradicating mosquitos in order to curtail it. The "Jain" therefore are posited with a choice (theoretically)

One choice is you eradicate mosquitos

The other choice is to kill a number of people with malaria, or allow them to remain very sick, and use them as human sacrifices in order to avoid propagating mosquito genocide.

Eat your heart out Mohammad, So much for "religion of peace". If that's the last one, then I have to reiterate, there is no religion of peace left in the world.

I have to reiterate, there is no religion of peace left in the world.

I do think you're right, Dave.  None left, nor has there ever been any.

Yes absolutely, Nephele, as you have made it abundantly clear, there are dark and light aspects to all world religions, no ifs ands or butts about it. It is only the naïve and hypocritical who cannot accept this as the way it is. Isolating Islam, in that respect, is basically a side show, but an enticing temptation for anyone who may be wanting to recruit assassins..

Now once we get into the so called "Book of Revelation" or the "Book of Eradication" written by a deranged lunatic who had an obsession with whoring away history and it's fake reverse transformation into "prophesy" that has evolved into some kind of a joke..

The only difference between Christos and Muslims is socio economic educational disparity, that tends to motivate economically deprived and brainwashed people, out of willful or unwillful economic desperation and lack of education adherent unto the unwitting, to commit acts of violence, even in the  most perverted extremes, ha ha, IE using some scripture in order to justify homicidal behavior.

it is proven that even connections with societies that offer greater economic independence, personal freedom, and prosperity sometimes have no effect on elements of outdated, old world religious dogma and hysteria, tainted with political theory.

it's just that the Christos have gotten used to a lifestyle that is more comfortable for them, and education systems where people are free to think for themselves, unlike the days of the beginning of the New Testament, and the ending of the Old Testament. Rather than being a brain slave to some fanatical Imam, who lives in the past, who has his own bone to pick with whatever he deems to be antithetical to the extremist elements of his holy book.

The only difference between Christos and Muslims is socio economic educational disparity, that tends to motivate economically deprived and brainwashed people, out of willful or unwillful economic desperation and lack of education adherent unto the unwitting, to commit acts of violence, even in the  most perverted extremes, ha ha, IE using some scripture in order to justify homicidal behavior.

I wouldn't necessarily say that this is a difference between Christians and Muslims.  I have known many highly educated Muslims living here in New York (and one visitor from Kuwait with whom I chatted on an overseas flight) who don't go crazy berserk over Western culture. 

By the same token, I have known many poorly educated Christians living throughout the U.S. who do go crazy berserk over quite a number of things and people that they don't understand and, based solely on their own status as franchised 'Mericans, feel entitled to attack.

Truth to tell, I feel far more comfortable sitting in my Muslim physician's office waiting room, than I would feel seated in a bar frequented by our friend Greybeard here.

RSS

© 2017 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service