PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

As a Wiccan, I am open to other religions, one of which is the Native American faith and I have seen what they call a Thunderbird while I was out in the New Mexico desert during training.  It was incredible, its wing-span covered the entire horizon as far as I could see.  It surrounded us for miles but never passed over us, it was as if it was just watching, it stayed like that almost all night and was gone by first light the next day.  I was awed and impressed by how the Thunderbird came and went..  Any of my Native American friends that can add to this, please do..

Views: 4123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a big negative there, I'm in the US Army.  They frown on the use of mind altering drugs.  I was talking about seeing a storm front that spread from horizon to horizon.
I am truly envious of your experience here.  I read about them in Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" and have been trying to picture what they'd look like for a while now.
You have to know what you're looking for. The Thunderbird, from what I was told, carries a storm with it to bring wind and rain, and believe you me, it rains hard out there and the wind blows alot as well.  I have friends that are Native American, one of which is a Shamane', she taught me what to look for.

There are distinctions between Thunderbird and Thunderbird Man (also known as Mothman here in New England).

The Mothman is one of the strangest and most terrifying of anomalous creatures ever to be recorded in America Between November 12, 1966 and December 15, 1967, it terrorized citizens in the Point Pleasant area of West Virginia.  It was said to have been encountered by at least 100 people over the course of that year.”

http://www.boudillion.com/Moth/mothman.html

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service