PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

I have to ask this. It has bothered me for a while.
At Samhain the veil between worlds is the thinnest and we can contact our ancestors. Yes, we pay homage to them but I have read and heard of people contacting ancestors as well.
If we can contact ancestors, what does that say about reincarnation? How can we contact ancestors if they have reincarnated?

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never said it was an immediate thing. I am just curious about the entire process.
That is the assumption you posited.  That a spirit can't be contacted because it's already been reincarnated.  So why would you think that would already have been reincarnated?  Do you think there is a time schedule for these things?  Or there spirits even experience time the way the incarnate do?
I put no timeline on reincarnation. You read that into it.

I put no timeline on reincarnation. You people have read that into it.

Why do I even try to explain?

Vigdisdotter you posted this. "That is the assumption you posited."

I did not make that assumption, you did. Nowhere in my original post did I propose a time for the reincarnation to have happened.

I give up. Too many assumptions have changed the topic of this discussion.

cause their still in the spirit realm and havent crossed over yet

I believe that after we die for a time we perhaps are still attached to this life and the people/ loved in it. So when we die we go to summerland for a while and don't necessarily reincarnate right away. We take time to processes everything we learned in our last life before we start a new one. And it could be a couple of human generations before you decide to reincarnate- time in the otherworld is a mystery to me-

~Kahlan~

RSS

© 2014 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service