PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

Vast 5,600-year-old religious centre discovered near Stonehenge

Built about 5,650 years ago – more than 1,000 years before the great stones of Stonehenge were erected – the 200m-diameter complex is the first major early Neolithic monument to be discovered in the Stonehenge area for more than a century.

The newly discovered complex, just over a mile and a half north-east of Stonehenge, appears to have consisted of around 950m of segmented ditches – and potentially palisaded earthen banks – arranged in two great concentric circles.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/stonehenge-pr...

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fascinating.

Some places are just sacred, no matter who is settled there.

I wonder what made Stonehenge sacred to these people?  What did they see/feel/experience there?

Must be. I was there in the middle of the morning.  Not as atmospheric.

It may well have been something to do with the exceptional and improbably occurrence locked into the landscape, and revealing the presence of a Deity. The Avenue, which leads to Stonehenge is made up of two parallel tracks in the Earth caused by a retreating Glacier, which happens to be in the right place for the Equinox, when the sun rises in the morning within the lines. 

This would make this an incredibly sacred place, and the temple itself went through many phases, culminating into what now remains. It is believed that this site was used for healing, which people came from all over Europe to consult with. The site itself is believed to have been inherited by the Celts, from a people even older, the Minoans, who used the stones to study the Stars to navigate by, and cross the Atlantic to reach America.

The Tor, at Glastonbury, Somerset has a Bronze age Labyrinth cut into the sides of the hill, and is only 28 miles from Stonehenge, and is the Chief Sacred image of the Hopi people in Arizona.

Fantastic photos Magister, I have many of the same, and bring back a lot of memories when I was down there researching the Labyrinth - www.cretanspiraldecoded.com

I especially like the one of the staff framing the Sun like the Minoan 'Horns of Consecration.' 

It has been theorized that the Earth is encircled with lines of power sort of like magnetic fields, but of a more spiritual nature and with more irregularities. Places of power like Stonehenge appear where multiple lines intersect.
Magister, your painting ought to be an album cover for music that defines a spiritual unfolding. It's really quite expressive. And your group pic captures the genuine moment. At least, I could feel it.

The tour guide who was taking us around Stonehenge pulled out some metal dowsers and and showed how they reacted to the magnetic 'ley lines'.

I volunteered to try it for myself for the group, and try as I might to hold them still (I had read in some skeptics articles that the movement is mostly the handler's own minute movements), they were going crazy in my hands.

No explanation for that. 

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service