PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

I have been called upon to strengthen my connection to water, for reasons I will keep to myself for now (though I am sure someday it will make it's way here), and I know what that looks like for me. But I am curious, what would it look like for you? Maybe we can learn from each other and broaden our understanding.

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends if it is in degradable plastic , or the

newer plastics good for storing water for longer

periods of time...

I live in earthquake country...we have to have

water stored and use certain bottles...glass is

better , but can easily break in a quake...;)

Glacial water is great in general...

Hunza water is in that category , I believe...;)

I've always has a close connection to water. As a kid, I could spend the whole day in a pool with most of the time spent in the deep end under the surface--in the cool deep blue. Air and Earth are also no problem. It's fire, I have trouble with. The last time I asked for a lesson on fire, I got a high-speed download (difficult to explain) in a dream that later unspooled into a lesson on unacknowledged pain--which apparently is a form of hidden fire, like a coal seam fire. You can imagine that I've been a tad reluctant to ask for another lesson.

In western directional magic water covers emotions. In Chinese directional magic, metal represents the concept of liquid and emotions rather than water. Water takes the place of earth and represents the ancestors. In Jungian symbology water represents the unconscious which holds both the emotional depths and ancestral patterns. When I'm meditating on water, I like to summon up the sound and feel of waves rolling in and out with each breath. There's a tremendous amount of power in water that people don't always recognize until it's too late.

You might try reading Aaron James' "Surfing with Sartre: an aquatic inquiry into a life of meaning". One thing that surfer's understand intimately is water. How it moves, how it feels, and how it thinks. The philosopher Sartre is a foil the author uses to push against because water is so yielding.

In the TV series The Last Air Bender, the art of water bending was represented by the martial art Tai Chi. In Tai Chi energy is channeled, shifted and directed, but like water you don't actually control it. Water slips through the fingers, but can be as hard as stone when confronted directly--as anyone doing a belly-flop can tell you. In the shallows it reflects what is below, but in the deep, that reflection spreads out so that it's difficult to see from a human perspective. Ships in the deep can't see the tidal wave as it passes. However, the force represented is not any less. A wave is not travelling water, but energy travelling through water. When it hits the shallows all that energy bunches up and delivers a devastating blow.

Yes, all this applies completely to magic using the element of water. It also applies to dealing with water based spirits. The keyword is passive adaptability--going with the flow.

At the end of Kung Fu Panda 2, Po's cannonball trick is essentially Tai Chi, and he does it on water. It's water-bending, and water magic. He does not try to confront the energy of the cannonballs, but rolls with it, and redirects it, adding a little extra punch on the way out. A spell done this way works with existing tides, and can be a lot more powerful than more direct methods. In a small pool you can create a massive wave by riding the harmonic. I got in trouble as a kid for nearly emptying a backyard pool doing this. It took very little energy directly from me.

RSS

Find Us:

Wiccan Supplies

Iphone Coming Soon!

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service