PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

What are you reading to expand your mind or explore your traditions?

What are you reading now or recently to expand your mind or to explore your traditions (including fiction and non-fiction)?

It’s been a long time since I was in an official class, but I have never stopped studying. I see being human as always being a work in progress. I’m currently reading Aaron Cheak’s “Alchemical traditions: from antiquity to the avante garde”, from which, I’m learning a lot. Each book I read tends to send me off in new directions, and I’m always looking for the next unexplored path. So, now I’m curious what everyone else is reading to see if there are dimensions of thought I can add to my map.

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Celtic Cosmology and the Otherworld, Mythic Origins, Sovereignty and Liminality by Sharon Paice MacLeod. It's a fairly new book just published in 2018 by McFarland. It is the second book by this author that I have read. The first was Celtic Myth and Religion. It was so good that I pre-ordered this one. A little about the author and I intend to steel / borrow from the back of the book here :) "Sharon Paice MacLeod is a Harvard  trained Celtist, grant funded researcher, historical consultant and professional musician. She has taught Celtic literature, mythology and folklore at the university level." So she knows what she is talking about. Now I am the type of person who will pick up every book that I find on Irish history/mythology etc... however I don't usually write many reviews etc... . These books have been different and everyone even slightly interested in the subject matter should take note and get them. Not only are her point extremely well reasoned and laid out, she gives all her sources in the notes section. She also spends a bit of time dealing with linguistics which is absolutely necessary when dealing with old Irish/Celtic languages. Overall I found both works to be well reasoned and enlightening.

I recently bought a copy of "Power vs. Force" by Dr. David Hawkins and joined a study group that shows videos of his talks and discusses his work. The next book on the list is "Truth vs. Falsehood". Dr. Hawkins devised a number scale, 1 to 1000, on which all imaginable states of consciousness can be placed. It fascinated me ever since I heard him talk on late-night radio in the 80's.

Power vs Force, is that similar to the principles of the Power of Love and the Love of Power?

I m reading two books at this time, depending upon which room I'm in. Joseph Campbell's "Goddesses, Mysteries of the Feminine Divine" and Brian Clegg's "30-Second Quantum Theory". Spirituality and Quantum Physics make for an interesting combination. 

I picked up an interesting book yesterday, "War and Shadows: The Haunting of Vietnam" by Mai Lan Gustafsson. There are some angry ghosts in Vietnam.

The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell.

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service