PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

First off I am not attacking anyone just sharing observations through out the years I have been a Neopagan. I am not calling anyone out or whatever. I know people may not like what I write. If you feel threatened then you may need to evaluate yourself as I do.
I have been practicing Neopaganism for over ten years now, reaching second degree in Alexandrian Wicca/Witchcraft. Through out the years I have also practice ceremonial magick, Druidism, Asatru/Heathenry, forms of Voodoo and other paths that I would normally not practice if stayed with the religion I was born in. Now in my earlier years in the Alexandrian (Lexi) path my High priestess and former High priest had instilled in me on how to interact with others in the community and the responsibility of the Priesthood.
Now I already know how I should treat others in any day interaction and in religious services. What I have learn in Neopaganism I think goes a bit further. When you continue to practice for years you kinda become a beacon for people who are new to Neopaganism. So you kinda set the standards. Especially goes when you are in a tradition and have extra standards on behavioral.
Now when you are on your own its fine. you don’t have that much responsibility only yourself. But when you have someone teaching under you, then you’re responsible to them as well as yourself. You are responsible for their training, their growth, and their mental state. They are trusting you to treat them with respect.
I have herd some things that have made me really mad and disgusted that no one should have gone through. Violating your student both physically and mentally using them for your own personal agenda is terrible. Doing that to anyone in the community or the group you’re in is terrible as well. In my opinion people who do that should be excommunicated from the community, the group your in and if legal actions is needed then take them. This does not put Neopaganism, the tradition you are in, or the community in good light when people outside of Neopaganism is already judging you before they talk to people who practice.
As a man in Neopaganism this makes me especially frustrated. I was taught to treat everyone with respect as you would want and treat women equally. Women are just as strong mentally and physically as a man is, but this does not mean that men should be acting disrespectful to women. In fact some traditions are matriarchy.
I am not saying that I am perfect, but I try my hardest to do my best so I’m not ruining someones experience, turning them away. So please their are men in the community who takes it very seriously and who treat you with dignity and respect. If you are new and curious to finding a group or just looking for a group, here is a website to help you out while looking.https://culteducation.com/warningsigns.html Here is a site that can help you looking for a group in your area. http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_index/xgroups.html

BLESSED BE

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bigotry?

Yeah I should have written it differently on men and women being the same I'll do better next time. Just wanted to make people aware in generally of what has been going on and try to better the situation.

I believe you, in what is going on and it as been going on for a long time.

something happened I'm guessing a couple weeks ago that I was just aware of this past week which was the last straw on the camel's back for me yes I have noticed this been going on for a long time and is taking me off before it's just this last time it just really really made me piss

Wait a minute let me show you something and its real.

This is what I got in mail on Feb 13th 2019. Instead of buying their own land , buy a building of their own prayers, to do these festivals/gatherings, now pagans have to wait because they never got their sh*t straight from the very beginning. You can't ride for free anymore.

Greater Chicagoland Pagan Pride

Wed, Feb 13, 3:44 PM (12 days ago)

Hello GCPP Community,
Due to circumstanced beyond out control GCPP 2019 will not going to be hosted on Sept. 8th and will not be at Mills Park. At this time we do not have a new location or date confirmed. As soon as we have more information we will reach out to all of you.
This is a sad announcement for us because we have been blessed to be in Oak Park for many years, but we hope to find a new home for the event soon.
Thank you for your support.
Twila and George

So, what was the cause of the cancelled party? Was it insufficient funds? Did the local conservative groups complain? How much were they charging for attendance?

If attendance was free, why does their inability to foot the bill every year by themselves bother you?

Frankly, I’m with “The Little Red Hen,” if you didn’t participate in the planning, financing and execution then you don’t have anything to complain about. Otherwise, ask for your money back.

You're off your MEDS!

"by Medb St. Jerome 5 minutes ago

So, what was the cause of the cancelled party? Was it insufficient funds? Did the local conservative groups complain? How much were they charging for attendance?

If attendance was free, why does their inability to foot the bill every year by themselves bother you?

Frankly, I’m with “The Little Red Hen,” if you didn’t participate in the planning, financing and execution then you don’t have anything to complain about. Otherwise, ask for your money back."

So, you don't know why it was cancelled. Yet it sounded like you were blaming the organizers when they said themselves it was beyond their control. Maybe I'm just reading the tone wrong. Maybe the city denied their permit.

Medb, is off MEDS!

I hope you're ready for the New World that coming next.

By Medb St. Jerome 30 minutes ago

"So, you don't know why it was cancelled. Yet it sounded like you were blaming the organizers when they said themselves it was beyond their control. Maybe I'm just reading the tone wrong. Maybe the city denied their permit."

Sigh, white people really shouldn't rap. We can't jump either. Societal and ecological collapse is already here, it just takes a little time for it to wipe out all the Darwin award winners.

"Reply by Medb St. Jerome 18 hours ago

Sigh, white people really shouldn't rap. We can't jump either. Societal and ecological collapse is already here, it just takes a little time for it to wipe out all the Darwin award winners."

Wait a minute let me do one of those insane understandings you do to me. Are you saying that Pagans cant rap, Pagans can't jump, that ecological collapse is already here because pagans destroyed it?

That it may take a little time for everything they're trying to hold dear wipe out completely? Because you know Pagans do live in this insane world too, trying to balance holding dear in their beliefs. But people , like you makes it very hard for them.

It seems inside your logical mind, Pagans should not live outside your comfort of what you believe they should be in. Seems Pagans can't live any other way but to stay in ways they can't live in, while Asians are wheeling and dealing making themselves richer, while preserving their people, their religion and their culture. But nooo, Pagans can't do that because, People will put them in their place where and what lifestyle they should truly be in. Oh and don't forget how you like to throw that word Bigotry in here, you want Pagans to know how much of bigots they are, because the majority of them are white, putting more brainwash and stress in their lives.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service