PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

My daughter (almost 9) has taken a sudden interest in Wicca/Paganism. I was wondering if there are any books (for kids) I could get to help her out. Any info at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!    Brandie

Views: 1748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much! She'll be thrilled to have her own! She tries to read the books I have, but they're a lil too advanced for her (and I am not the greatest at explaining things sometimes).
It's an online magazine, not a book, but she might like this:

http://www.broomstix.com/index.html

They also have an archive of all their back issues.
This is all very helpful, she's really enjoying these sites. Thanks a bunch guys! BB!
Here's a website I absolutely love. http://www.pookapages.com/ It's geared towards younger children, but you may find some lessons/stories there that you can use and teach at her age level.

And this is another Pagan Kid friendly site as well:

http://www.paganmoonbeams.com/

BB
You cannot teach Wicca to children.

..depends on the reply back possibly
I just wanted to get some information together for her that she could understand. She had been asking me a ton of questions and like I said before, sometimes I have a hard time explaining things. Mainly she's just trying to figure out what it's all about. I figured I'd ask around to see if there were any books or anything that would help her. She really seems to be enjoying the sites we have been given access to on here. I don't see any harm in her learning about Wicca and Paganism. I mean, if the will to learn is there, why not? At least she isn't as close minded as most adults I know.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped! BB!
Good question Brandie. This is definitely not my area of expertise since i dont have a kid...but I'm going to butt in anyways lol. I kinda think it would be cool to not teach your daughter the Craft with books but maybe instead you both can get your hands dirty. Like maybe create a garden, even if just a small one and you can teach her how to ask the gods (or your patrons) to bless the seeds and earth and how to leave a offering for the earth mother before hand. Also you could pass down the lore of the plants y'all are growing. Thats just off the top of my head. I have the utmost confidence that you will know what to do.
Like maybe create a garden, even if just a small one and you can teach her how to ask the gods (or your patrons) to bless the seeds and earth and how to leave a offering for the earth mother before hand.

This is a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for this! This is something she (and I) will enjoy very much. Maybe we can try to grow some veggies or herbs or something. I think the entire process will be a wonderful experience for the both of us.
I really like the Circle Round book that was already mentioned. There's a CD that goes with it that we enjoy, as well.

You might also check out Ashleen O'Gaea's books: Raising Witches and The Family Wicca Book. They are written for the parent, though, so they may not really be what you are looking for.

Mary Summer Rain wrote a book called Mountains, Meadows and Moonbeams: A Child's Spiritual Reader that is actually for the child to read. I found our copy used for only $3. It's full of short stories, poems, lessons, and pictures.

Raine Hill has a more recent book called Growing Up Pagan: A Workbook for Wiccan Families. It has lots of Wiccan basics in fun formats -- word searches, stories, crosswords, drawing activities, etc.

Hope that helps. Good luck in your search. And let us know how it turns out. I have kids, too, and I would love to know what else you find that works for you.

Bright blessings,
Ceana

RSS

© 2018 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service