So Who has their own herb gardens and what herbs do you grow?

I myself have variouse herbs dotted about my garden. I have got a beautiful sapling bergamot which I grew from seed last summer. I can't wait for spring/summer when hopefully it will grow alot....thats if it survives the british frost! I planted a beautiful lavender bush aswell last year and it has quadrupled in size and is beautiful and aromatic. It has given me many harvests for smudgesticks and more. I have a sapling white sage and yarrow in my kitchen windowsill waiting to go out in the big world as soon as it gets a bit warmer.

Other herbs I have growing are basil, dill, chives, wild mint and at one point i had some rosemary too, but my puppy likes the taste and ate the whole plant!

Bb
Shel x

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

In Eastern Kentucky a lot of herbs grow wild, we are not sure what they are are but we have been researching it so that we can harvest some of them this year. We are definitely going to grow lavender this year. In November I started shopping around to buy some and I could not believe how expensive it was! We have a lot of land here so we are thinking that we will just till a separate plot just for herbs. I love chives and rosemary and thyme and basil.....now I am getting hungry for Italian food. But hey, that's ok because we grow tomatoes and garlic. You are all invited over for lasagna!
I love to grow herbs. Last year I had tons of basil (for pesto), thyme, mint, mint,mint! (love it for my own tea), oregano, dill (for my pickles), lemon balm, st. johns wort, and I will be adding more this year. !!!

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service