PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

I love to cook and bake in the Fall! I love the smells of pumpkin, cinnamon, nuts and even pot roast and garlic....there is something about those smells and cool Autumn weather that feels so homey and magickal....I would love to learn more wonderful recipes that are a Fall favorite.......This is just one of my favorites and it's really easy too :)

Magick Pumpkin Pancakes

When I was a breakfast chef at a B&B I would make these every Autumn at least three times a week....starting in October and not stopping until Thanksgiving. The guests just LOVED them and of course I would always make myself a couple extra.
I still make these on Sunday mornings with bacon and coffee for a perfect fall breakfast.

I would actually start out with complete buttermilk pancake mix.....the kind you just add water to.....I would always add other ingredients to "tweak" them but the basic mix was always the simple plain old mix. 1$ a box at dollar stores.

To make about a dozen pancakes:

2 cups complete pancake mix

1 1/4 cups water

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

about 3 heaping spoons of brown sugar

nutmeg and cinnamon to taste

Grill pancakes in a nonstick lightly oiled skillet over medium heat until little bubbles form...flip and continue cooking about 30- 45 seconds.

If you have a sweet tooth (which I do) you can add a small hand full of white chocolate chips or some cranberries and raisins for a "healthy" pancake.

Garnish with toasted walnuts or pecans and LOTS of butter and maple syrup. ENJOY!!!!!

Magickal properties of pumpkin include abundance, fertility and aid in contacting the spirit world. The magickal properties for nuts are prosperity and grounding and you get faerie magick from the cinnamon.
BLESSED BE!

Views: 415

Replies to This Discussion

Fresh Pumpkin Chips

You've had potato chips, why not pumpkin chips? After one bite of our Fresh Pumpkin Chips, you'll have a tough time deciding which chips are your favorite. Serves: 3 Cooking Time: 3 min

What You'll Need:

Peanut oil

1 pie pumpkin (about 1-1/2 pounds) peeled, seeded, and cut into very thin slices

1/8 teaspoon salt

What To Do: Place 1-1/2 inches peanut oil in a soup pot and heat over medium-high heat. Gently add pumpkin slices and saute 3 minutes, or until golden. Chips will begin to float to the top when ready. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove chips from oil and place on a paper towel-lined platter. Season with salt, and serve.

(From Mrfood.com)

Easy Pumpkin Bread

As you smell this wonderful bread baking, just imagine the Pennsylvania growing fields bursting with ready-to-pick, bright orange pumpkins. Yields: 1 loaf Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min

What You'll Need:

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup raisins

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1/3 cup water

2 eggs

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

What To Do: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well and pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake about 1-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.

(From Mrfood.com)

Pumpkin Bread With Cranberries

Pumpkin pie spice and dried cranberries help to flavor this tasty pumpkin bread.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups pumpkin pureé (15 oz can)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or dried cranberries
Preparation:

pumpkin pie spice recipe
Combine flour, spice, baking powder, and salt in bowl; stir to blend the dry ingredients well. Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil in a mixing bowl, beating until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, then stir in cranberries. Spoon into a greased and floured 9x5x2-inch loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.

Autumn Beef Stew

Feel free to add chunks of rutabaga or turnip along with the potatoes or add chunks of sweet potato about 15 minutes before the stew is done.
Ingredients:

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds stewing beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced celery
3 cups beef broth
2 carrots
2 medium potatoes
1/2 cup baby lima beans
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
1 jar (12 ounces) small white onions, drained, or about 1 dozen frozen, thawed
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cold water
Preparation:

In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the beef in the vegetable oil; add onion and celery and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes longer. Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add the carrots, potatoes, lima beans, and apple juice; simmer for about 30 to 40 minute longer, or until vegetables are tender. Add drained onions and corn; continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

Garnish this flavorful butternut squash soup with spiced pumpkin seeds or a sprig of thyme, or finely chopped parsley or chives.
Large Photo of Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients:

1 large butternut squash, 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
1 1/2 cups apple cider
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cinnamon sticks, cut in half crosswise
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup diced onion
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups chicken broth
dash ground ginger
dash ground nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt, to taste
butter-toasted pumpkin seeds, optional, see below
Preparation:

Using a vegetable peeler, peel the squash. Cut into chunks, removing seeds and soft fibers with a spoon. Put in a bowl; add apple cider, brown sugar, and cinnamon stick pieces then drizzle all over with the melted butter. Pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking pan; cover tightly with foil and cook at 450° for 1 hour, or until very tender.
Meanwhile, cook diced onion in a large saucepan in the 2 tablespoons butter. When onion is ver tender, add chicken broth; bring to a boil; remove from heat and set aside. When squash is very tender, remove from oven. Remove cinnamon from the squash. With a slotted spoon, transfer the squash to the chicken broth and onion mixture. Add about 1/4 cup of the roasting pan juices to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Working in about 4 batches, puree the squash mixture in a blender; return to the saucepan. Stir in the ginger and nutmeg and the heavy cream, along with salt, to taste. Heat through. Serve with butter-toasted pumpkin seeds (below), if desired, or sprinkle with a little cinnamon, toasted pecans, or chopped peanuts.

Butter-Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
In a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons butter; add a few tablespoons of pumpkin seeds and cook over medium-low heat until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel to drain; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Makes about 8 cups of soup.

Venison Pot Roast

Ingredients:

venison pot roast, about 3 pounds
flour
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. vegetable oil or shortening
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups beef broth, hot
1 can tomatoes
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste if needed
Preparation:

Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Brown the venison roast in heated oil or shortening. Add onion and to skillet. Turn off the heat and add beef broth; transfer to slow cooker, scraping browned bits up. Add tomatoes to crockpot, along with the herbs and seasonings. Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 12 hours, until pot roast is tender.
Serves 6 to 8.

These recipes look wonderful!  I'll have to give them a try!

Apple Mabon Bread

3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 1/2 cups grated apples (4-5 regular eating apples)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 cups raisins
Handful dried mixed fruit (optional)
1 cup agave nectar / honey
3 tbs oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp allspice

1. Mix together all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Stir well until all is mixed through. Set aside whilst you mix the other ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and mixed nuts.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix.
5. When everything is mixed together, add to greased / lined loaf tins. Fill the loaf tin about 3/4 full.
6. Put in the centre of a pre-heated oven at about 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 180 degrees Celsius / Gas Mark 4 for about 1 hour. Check after 45 minutes.

Mabon Honey Wheat Bread

Make this either in your bread machine, or by kneading it by hand.

Prep Time: 1 hour

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Ingredients:

2 C. warm water
1 Tbs. active dry yeast
1/3 C. honey
3 C. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 C. vegetable oil
2 Tbs. butter
4 C. all purpose baking flour
Preparation:

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add honey and mix well.

Stir in the whole wheat flour, salt, vegetable oil, and butter and mix until a stiff dough has formed. Gradually work the all-purpose flour into the mix, one cup at a time.

Turn the dough onto a lightly floured countertop, and knead for about fifteen minutes. When it reaches the point where it's sort of elastic, shape it into a ball and place it into an oiled bowl. Cover with a warm, damp cloth, and allow to sit and rise until it's doubled in size -- usually about 45 minutes.

Punch the dough down and cut in half, so you can make two loaves of bread. Place each half in a greased loaf pan, and allow to rise. Once the dough has risen an inch or two above the top of the loaf pan, pop them in the oven. Bake at 375 for half an hour, or until golden brown at the top.

When you remove the loaves from the oven, allow to cool for about fifteen minutes before removing from the pan. If you like, brush some melted butter over the top of the hot loaves, to add a pretty golden glaze to them.

Note - If you're doing this in a bread machine, remember, the recipes makes two loaves. Halve everything if you're allowing the machine to do the mixing. If you hand mix it, you can still drop the single-loaf balls of dough into the machine to bake.

Looks good can you give me a gluten free version?

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service