PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

Ok, we are all here because we all love the arthurian wonders. So Perhaps we could talk more about what do we really love about it, or what makes us thinking about it as simply amazing. To me, I always thought it was the mixture between the honour and loyalty of the knights, along with all the magic, and of course, a King that's always ready to bring justice and peace to his people. What about you guys?

Views: 138

Replies to This Discussion

I have long followed the Artherian code... And have long sought the entrance to Avalon... I'm not sure what it is, but it's wonderful.
One of my favorite movies is the Mists of Avalon. It gives a more feminine perspective of the story. So I would say the magic and the mystery of the legend, and knowing that the Goddess is in all things not matter the changes and challenges we face in the world around us.

I have the book as well and hope to read that soon. ;)
The book is even better than the movie.
Indeed, it is FAR better. I have to say, once you read it, it is very hard to find anything better about Arthurian myths.
For me, the Arthurian tales abound with chivalry and courtly love.
I long for the honor and loyalty the knights have always stood for.
I also enjoy music that reflects those times. Hence, my love for all things Celtic.
I also have the Arthurian Tarot which I plan to study as time allows.
May this group lead a long and healthy life.
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, INCLUDING THE MYSTERY SURROUNDING THE STORY. DURING THE YEARS IT SEEMS THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF FABRICATION ADDED CAUSE OF MOVIE MAKING, I GUESS THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT MORE THAN WHAT IT TRULLY WAS SO THEY WILL HAVE GOOD RATINGS.LOL. IT MAKES ONE VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THE TRUE ARTHUR PENDRAGON, WHO WAS THE MAN BENEATH THE KING? ETC. IT MAKES YOU WANT TO TRAVEL BACK IN TIME, SO ONE CAN TRULLY KNOW HIM, AND HIS HEART. BLESSED YULE.
It feels more like an energetic connection for me - I resonate with this energy, and I think many people also feel this way.

The Knights of the Round Table really do portray an ideal way to handle affairs with people, that they all have a voice. Also, it can seem confusing all the versions of these tales, but to me, that is the very beauty of the whole thing, since all versions have their own mythical truth!
Greetings!

I have to agree particularly with Avalon... It keeps pulling me home whenever I wander off course. Avalon to me is the journey within as there is where we find her sacred shores once more. For me I have been sketching Megaliths, standing stones and the tor for most of my life. What I love about the Arthurian stories is that it gives glimpse of the way things were before.. before Christianity, before the Romans, even before the Celtic tribes came over from the mainlands.

Into the Gloaming

Morgan
A longing to be free..a longing in my dreams...back to the magical wonder across the crystal sea...where magic really happens if you just believe.... peace through love it comes for free.....If you only just believe.....
Ever since I was a little boy (which was a long time ago), there was a special something associated with the magic of Avalon and the majesty of Camelot. When other kids (in the early 60s) were playing "Cowboys and Indians", I wanted to wield my (cardboard) sword and shield as a Knight of the Round Table. I had a cat (not a dog) named Morgan (not Merlin), but can completely understand how Bjorn would have an Arthurian name for a pet :) More often than not I usually pretended to be Gawain, as I was a loyal knight who labored for Arthur (and his knights - most of the time! - were loyal to the King) who was the cornerstone of that era.

Following the Arthurian code, the penultimate definite of knightly chivalry, is important to me, much like Last Knight says. I have followed the Knight's way in my life but that does not mean I cannot appreciate the otherworldy aspect that comes to us with Avalon. In my teen years I would draw and paint images of Morgan who called to my soul, too. My swordsmanship skills are rather ordinary, actually, and I wonder if I was called to pursue the more Avalonlike life but I didn't heed the call. I watched the 1st half of Mists of Avalon but the pregnancy of Morgan bothered me. Maybe it was the dark coming and it gave me the shivers. Sign of a good movie, to be sure.

Anyway, there is so much to Camelot and Avalon, hard to describe in a single post, but a great topic nonetheless.
I think there is a lot to love about the Arthurian legends. I remember my brother reading me these tales when I was kindergarten. I was hooked from then on. But my favorite parts of these stories is the magic.
There is so much that I love about this period. The magic first and foremost I think. But the Knights Code ranks high up there for myself and my children. My boys take great pride in that code which I think is great because I think if more people followed that way the world would be a far greater place. I like the legend that surrounds the story. I love watching the documentry's and listening to the professors who study this time.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service