The Honey Jar spell is actually the oldest and most popular forms of bottle spell in the world. There are so many variations that doing Honey Jar spells are one of the easiest, simplest, less costly and some of the most rewarding kind of works you can do. Most of them consist of a jar of sweetener into which you place the personal concerns of the person you want to influence, along with spiritual powerful magical herbs, wrapped in a name-paper or petition packet, and then burning a candle on top of the jar after dressing it with an appropriate conjure oil.
Not all Honey Jar spells consist of using a jar however, some of the oldest tricks in the book revolve around using an apple or some kind of sweet melon.
This form of hoodoo spell casting is employed when you want to set up a powerful sweetening spell in a small place and keep it working for as long as you wish. Honey Jars are extremely convenient and one reason for their continued popularity is that although they can be worked on an altar like other forms of bottle spells, they can also be literally hidden in plain sight in a kitchen cabinet and they are just so damn cheap to do!
One of the oldest tricks in the book is there is actually no "honey-jar", just a plain white tea cup saucer or coffee cup saucer in the center of which you burn a candle on the person's name dressed with hoodoo oils and surrounded by a poured-out ring of pancake syrup or molasses, this was very common in late 1980's here in Canada. This method has its advantages and disadvantages just like anything, the disadvantage is that it draws in flies, but it is extremely easy to work on a short-term basis, say for one to three days. Be very careful if the candle burns to hot, it may crack your saucer.
Another earlier version of the honey-jar bottle spell employs a hollowed-out red apple onion to hold honey and the name-paper of the person on whom you are working. The apple or onion may be shut up in a tin and a candle burned on the tin's lid-- or it can be placed in the bottom of a flower pot, with a plant grown on the top of it o hide the spell. The plant takes the place of the candle, but it radiates the intent of the spell just the same. It can be given as a gift to the person on whom you are working, and can spread its sweetness through out their home.
Some say that a red apple is used for love matters, a green apple for prosperity or matters of business (such as a client or someone you would like to persuade) and a yellow apple for matters of the home, family, children or peacefulness.
Sugar, sweeteners, syrups, honey, and anything sweet are all common spell implements used in these kinds of spells. Another variant of this spell that developed employed a box of sugar instead of a jar honey.
So what can honey-jar spells do for you? Pretty much anything that deals with people and getting on their good side. They are highly, and not to mention positive, workings that can basically get what you desire.
So here is a simple spell from me to you that is old and commonly used in Louisiana to help sweeten up a lover but also used on people that you want them thinking of you.
So what you are going to need are the following:
1. You are going to write your name on the Popsicle stick on both sides, first you are going to write your full name on one side, and on the other you are going to write the person it is intended for. If you have things that belong to them such as pieces of clothing or hair, tie it to the stick. IF you are using virgin paper you are going to write the name of the person it is intended for three times and then turn the paper clockwise 90 degrees and than write your name over his/her name. It should look like a checkers board or a game of tic-tac-toe.
2. You are going to fold the paper three times towards yourself and than place it into the jar.
3. Pour in the honey, and than the sugar. The honey should be liquid honey. Quantities aren't really important, but some say you need more sugar than there should be honey, while others claim you need more honey than sugar. I LOVE honey and I see it as a very pure thing, where sugar is more artificial, so I simply use honey and no sugar in my Honey Jar spells, its just personal preference.
4. Seal the lid tightly.
5. You can dress your candle if you want with appropriate hoodoo oils but it isn't the prime focus. On the candle should be written the person's name for whom it is intended for and than on the other side of the candle should clearly state your intent. For example I just had a quarrel with my brother so I am using a sky blue candle, I already have his name written down on the candle and is anointed with Peaceful Home Oil (because we live in the same house) and than on the other side of the candle I would write something like Peace or No More Fighting.
6. Stick the candle on top of the lid of the bottle, you can do this by heating the bottom or already lighting the wick and allowing some wax to melt and than holding it for a few seconds. As the wick burns visualize your intention. You can do this spell over a period of 3, 7 or even nine days at regular 15 intervals or just allowing the candle to burn down completely.
7. Once the candle is burned out, you than shake the bottle saying something like:
"Sweet, sweet, thoughts of me. You will think constantly."
8. Every time you have a fight or everytime you want them thinking sweet thoughts of you, all's you do is shake the bottle and say the chant.
A LITTLE NOTE ON PERSONALIZATION AND FIXING THE BOTTLE
Okay, so some would agree or disagree that you need to "fix" the bottle. By this we mean you seal the bottle spell before you light the candle. You can simply do this by using appropriate oils and running your hand down the length of the bottle and visualize your intention and than knock gentle the bottle three times on the surface, and than cover your hand over the top of the bottle and with your free hand make it into a fist and pound the top of your hand three times, and than you can use some more oils and anoint your finger tips and run it clockwise around the rim of the bottle and than make a cross, pentagram etc.
Another thing to note is personalization. Sometimes bottle spells need to look pretty. Not always, but sometimes. To personalize your bottle spells you might need to collect some hair, nail, scraps of clothing and place it within in the bottle spell, or even use some urine to help the spell along. This isn't mandatory, but can be very useful and powerful.
Excellent info. With the cost of honey, the big jars I've seen pictured on some sites make me cringe. Unless they're harvesting the honey themselves from their own bees, the cost is quite prohibitive to say the least. However, by using small amounts in small containers it is less so. Also, sugar is relatively inexpensive - and less messy! I like using pint jars or recycle small jelly jars that have been cleaned & cleansed. On a limited budget its amazing what you can come up with!
Thanks again for the great info!
Great info! I like to buy and re-use those small babyfood jars for making my oils and doing spells in. They're about fifty cents at the most, so I buy a few at a time. I just put the baby food in a pot of something I'm cooking, and then I have an empty jar.
Moonlit Orchid, I'm glad that the honey jar spell is making some movement for you. However, it is best to keep in mind that honey jar spells can be very slow acting...but extremely Powerful. Just keep praying over it, shake it every so often, light a candle on it every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and have faith in it. Good luck :)
I've performed a honey spell before. Honey spells are successful, but be careful with whom you make your honey spells for. For instance, I performed a honey jar spell on my ex, who turned out to be completely immune to becoming sweet. He was very reluctant, distant, and too self absorbed to be sweetened. I've learned my lesson to not waste my time and energy on jerks who just cant open their hearts to love.
I Love this!!! This seems fairly easy to do and I really love the idea ... Im going to do this..its simplicity is very appealing!!
Ty for the info!! = )
This is fantastic information.
Will it still work if you don't have any sugar handy?
I learned that you are supposed to put the honey in first, then eat a spoonful, saying "you will be as sweet as this honey" or something similar. I have a private daycare and use empty baby food jars for everything!