Eleven Things Every Witch Should Know
1. Magic is what happens when you open yourself to the Divine. All real magic is a manifestation of the Divine - it is how you co-create reality with deity.
2. The Divine is within you and is everywhere present in the natural world. And everything is interconnected by this sacred energy.
3. Witchcraft is not about information -- it's about transformation, so practice, practice, practice -- and do it as much as possible in Nature! Witchcraft enables you to commune with divinity and to manifest your destiny, your desires and your highest and sacred self.
4. The real ethics of how Witches live and practice magic are simple: Witches live in a sacred manner because we live in a sacred world. We therefore treat all of life with reverence and respect.
5. Because all magic flows from our connection to the Sacred, our lives and our magic, must be guided by the sacred nature of the energy with which we work.
6. The energy Witches work with is not neutral -- it is divine love.
7. Magic often works in unexpected way because it is not a mechanical process, and the Universe is not a machine. You are living and making magic within a divine, organic, living reality.
8. Witches don't command and control -- they commune and co-create.
9. The real secret of successful spell casting, as with all of magic, is your connection to the Divine power that dwells within you, and surrounds you. And spells do work so be careful what you ask for!
10. Nature makes the Divine tangible. By working, living, and practicing your magic in harmony with Nature, you are in harmony with the Divine.
11. The ultimate teacher is the God/Goddess inside you and in the world of nature all around you.
By Phyllis Curott