Thoughts from the shower...
Things one could learn from Firefly:
1. Whores are really healers and diplomats.
2. Shepherds CAN guide without sharing their flock's beliefs and without starting wars/media frenzy over said beliefs.
3. Machines are alive and have a spiritual presence. Name them.
4. The statement about geniuses being nuckin futz is true.
5. Enjoy him/her while you can--you never know when a reaver will shoot a pole through their chest.
6. Never regret doing something you love.
7. Related to the above statement: Be ready to defend what you love doing, someone might try to take it away.
8. Never fear the unknown, for you create what it becomes.
9. Sometimes you just have to be a big damn hero and suffer the consequences, because its right.
10. Big government blows, but mostly AFTER all the privileges we're used to are taken away.
11. An albatross can kill you with its mind...if it wanted to.
12. Playing with Dinosaurs merely acknowledges your primitive roots (which apparently makes you good in the sack).
13. Diplomacy is just a matter of how well you move your mouth...or gun.
14. Shrodinger was right about the cat in the box. You really don't know till you open it.
15. If you listen inside yourself, you can hear the heartbeat of the universe...or a ship(car).