PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community

All Beliefs are Welcome Here!

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like you, you’re more honest than many would even dare to be. I Can only presume who you are and I don’t know the humans you may know, so I’ll take your words for what you’ve written here. I like Crowley’s story, I’m not a follower but I did enjoy his story. I enjoyed his journey trying to find, to enter a world he felt existed, which many before him felt the same. He knew who he was born into the occult.

Did people know that ACDC Singer Brian Johnson said: “Jesus was a clever man. He wasn’t the son of God!”

Brian Johnson became of the most famous rock singers. In reality he is a choir singer who does believe in Jesus.

It is only the sum of my experiences and how I view them that shape me into being who I am. As I live to have more experiences, I will continue to change and grow. Since everyone experiences life differently, can we ever truly know anyone but ourselves?

Actually, I find that people are often greater than the sum of their experiences. Viewing the individual as some “blank slate” shaped in isolation by their inputs is fallacious. It ignores the larger Self both at the individual level and at the collective. Humans (and other animals as well) are larger than the sum of their visible parts. They are all fed by the deep collective knowledge of the biosphere, and perhaps something beyond that. This is why people who have only a negative life experience can, and often do, rise above it to become a positive force. Granted some chock off this internal feed and become only what their environment will make of them, but that’s not even the majority of people.

Technically, when we are born, we are a "blank slate". It is at that moment that we begin to learn and be shaped via external stimuli. Even a rock is born of the earth and experiences change.

Shaped in isolation? I would have to say it is possible but I would also have to point out that no one is ever really isolated, speaking to their environment and imagination of course.

I do not feel that the larger Self is being ignored at all but rather what we all aspire to achieve.

And if the internal feed is chocked off, that's a personal choice and more often than not a life lesson will be learned from it resulting in more personal growth.

You're right. Life is cruel that way, but builds a better stronger character at times.

"by Avia Icefeather 2 hours ago

It is only the sum of my experiences and how I view them that shape me into being who I am. As I live to have more experiences, I will continue to change and grow. Since everyone experiences life differently, can we ever truly know anyone but ourselves?"

It's Monday, again.

I watched a Jim Carrey movie yesterday titled "Dark Crimes." It was different than most Jim Carrey movies. I like that Jim Carrey movie "The Number 23" also.

Yep he is an artist no matter how he falls apart. He's good at what he does.

I remember some years back a conspiracy nut was answering an interviewers question with a thought. How can a president have a clear chat with the man on the moon, whose supposedly 238,900 Miles, yet my phone drops when I go hiking. Would that be considered a dangerous thought. 

Enigma, I have a story I think you will like. I will post it later when I get back.

I know who and what I am. 

I do not let things influence me unless they "sit right" with that.  

Every time I reach out to learn anything new I like to consider what I find very carefully before accepting it or rejecting it.

This may come across as slightly arrogant, I don't mean it to be.   I just like to keep in control of my own changes.

I guess those who get led other directions are not like me, and I am not like them. 

Of course, that is " Your Rights ".

RSS

Latest Activity

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service