"Just because we believe it doesn't make it so."
1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.
Most of our lives are based on thoughts of belief.
Our inner world view shapes how we pervieve our outer world.
Several authors speak of "memes," our internal belief systems.
(miːm) — noun
An idea or element of social behaviour passed on through generations in a culture, esp by imitation [C20: possibly from mimic , on the model of gene ]
We also have memes of the mind.
It is said that no matter what our meme, the mind will find outside situations and experiences to validate it.
They then become our reality.
But everyone's meme's or beliefs vary.
So what is true?
Today, let's challenge your belief system.
Draw two cards from your favorite tarot deck and ask:
1. What belief or meme do I have that is not necessarily true?
2. How can my understanding of this open how I perceive the world?
Here's wishing you a tarot-filled day of expanded insight.