Here is Our Order of Service for the Public Sabbat Celebration on Sept. 21, 2018.
- 7 p.m. Smudging with sage as you arrive at the front entrance.
- Greetings to new arrivals from the main altar. Announcements.
- Casting the circle.
- Calling the four quarters.
- Invoking of the Goddess and God
- Three bards and the maiden|mother|crone script
- Pomegranate juice and cakes (as part of the ceremony).
- The spiral dance, "we are the flow, we are the ebb, we are the weavers, we are the web."
- Thanking the Goddess and God.
- Dismissal of the elements.
- Opening of the circle
- Exit to downstairs for the after-feast.
* We are asking every participant to bring food to share, symbolic of the Mabon harvest. Meet and greet at the after-feast.
- WHAT: Public Sabbat celebrating the harvest, the beginning of fall, and the equality between the length of day and night. Happy Solstice!
- WHEN: Friday night, 7- 9 p.m., September 21, 2018
- WHERE: Tacoma's Unitarian Universalist Sanctuary
- WHY: Because we are really fun people and we can
- WHAT TO WEAR: Sacred robes and witchy attire welcomed but not required.